California Arts Council Strategic Plan
NEW! Adopted January 2014
The California Arts Council’s (CAC) Strategic Plan is crafted to further the CAC’s mission of advancing California through the arts and creativity.
The new Strategic Plan is intended to provide a road map for the CAC over the next three to five years. It reflects the best thinking of CAC staff and Council Members and incorporates input from hundreds of stakeholders throughout the state.
The Strategic Plan is organized according to four strategic pillars, each of which lays out an overarching goal and accompanying objectives and implementation steps. The Strategic Plan is an integrated document, and each pillar builds upon the others to achieve the vision that all Californians can thrive from public support for creativity and the arts.
Taken together, these strategies are intended to ensure that the arts are recognized, celebrated, and supported in communities across the state.
Click the links below to download various documents for our new Strategic Plan:
- Welcome Letter – a welcome from California Arts Council Chairman, Vice-Chair, and Director (one page)
- Executive Summary – four page summary of the plan (four pages)
- Full Strategic Plan – the complete strategic plan without contributing data (nine pages)
- Full Strategic Plan with contributing data – the complete strategic plan with appendices (42 pages)
- Appendices only – the work behind the plan: survey results, listening tour attendees, and stakeholder interview lists (34 pages)
The California Arts Council’s Strategic Plan was developed with consulting services from Rodriguez Strategies. Leadership was provided by Susan Steinhauser, Council Vice-Chair and Chair of the Strategic Planning Committee.
Questions? Contact Caitlin Fitzwater at 916-324-6617 or .