Artist Call DetailArtist Residency
For SF Bay Area artists
Gallery 111, on behalf of the ICB Artists Association, welcomes artists to apply for a two-week to four-week residency in the historic Industrial Center Building (ICB), located in Sausalito, California. This residency provides a dedicated project space, publicity, a public opening event, lecture event, and the opportunity to be part of one of the largest artist communities in the country. Residencies will be granted on the merit of the artist’s past work as well as the artist’s project proposal, body of work or installation to be developed during the residency.
The work space is approximately 300 square feet on the first floor, with secure 24-hour access, elevator and ADA compliant.
Jurors: Our Fall 2015 jurors are Charles Hespe, Hespe Gallery San Francisco; Suzie Buchholz, ICBAA Board Member; Emily Dvorin, ICBAA Member.
Eligibility: applicants must be 18 years of age and reside in the greater Bay Area. Open to 2D and 3D visual artists, conceptual artists, video artists
Entry fees: $20; $10 students. Due by submission date. Checks are to be mailed to ICBAA, 480 Gate 5 Rd., #206, Sausalito, CA 94965, and receipt will be confirmed by email. Other options TBD via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry format: Submissions accepted via email to email@example.com with subject Line: Residency. Requirements: Submit 5-10 high resolution images (@300dpi 2MG max), plus Bio, Artist Statement, Residency Proposal.
Liability: Precaution will be taken to safeguard all work from loss or damage, but the ICBAA, Gallery 111, and their volunteers, members, agents and assigns will not be held responsible for loss or damage from any cause. Artists are encouraged to insure their own artworks and property.
- includes a secure 300 square foot space on first floor, Gallery 111 at 480 Gate 5 Road, Sausalito, CA. (Note: lodging, additional storage, personal plumbing not available).
- includes building maintenance support, 24-hour access, secure space. Access to running water, public rest rooms
- Resident artist will be required to give at least one talk/slide show or walk-through presentation during residency
- Gallery 111 will host Reception for the Resident Artist at completion of residency to showcase artwork produced during residency. Reception will be promoted and open to the public
- Gallery 111 will publicize and promote the lecture and art opening to the media and to our extensive mailing list
- Resident artist to hold agreed-upon schedule for open visits from ICB artists
- 05/30/15 Deadline for submissions and receipt of entry fee
- 06/01-06/06/15 Jury process
- 06/07/15 Resident announced
- 09/15 - 10/15/15 Resident in situ
- TBD Artist presentation
- TBD Artist Reception
For more information on the history of the Industrial Center Building, the ICB Artists Association and its vibrant and diverse artistic community, please visit www.icbartists.com.
ICB Artists Association
Contact: Leslie Allen or Suzie Buchholz