Artist Call DetailstARTup Art Fair Los Angeles: Call for Submissions
For International artists
stARTup Art Fair Los Angeles is an independently produced fair for unrepresented artists. If you are a professional, working visual artist without gallery representation – we invite you to apply.
This three-day fair will run January 29-31 at the Highland Gardens Hotel in Hollywood, and take place at the same time as the nearby LA Art Show and Art Los Angeles Contemporary Art gallery fairs. Participating artists will have a fantastic opportunity to expose new work to a myriad of collectors, curators, gallery owners, art consultants, and writers who will be coming to the city for a weekend of contemporary art.
One of the core missions of stARTup Art Fair is to provide a new avenue for the creative longevity of the visual artist, providing a marketplace that gives artists the power to present and sell work on their own terms. All sales proceeds, as well as professional contacts made during the fair, belong 100% to the artists.
Applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee, consisting of seven diverse art world professionals:
- Kim Abeles, widely exhibited Los Angeles-based cross disciplinary artist
- Dan Cameron, former Chief Curator, Orange County Museum of Art; previously Executive Director, U.S. Biennial
- Andi Campognone, Director/Curator, Lancaster Museum of Art & History; previously Cultural Arts Commissioner for the City of Pomona
- Christine Duval, Independent Curator and advisor; Principal, Duval Contemporary
- Peter Mays, Executive Director, Los Angeles Art Association
- Hillary Metz, Founder, Blythe Projects; previously Director of Sales, Gemini G.E.L.
- William Powhida, widely exhibited Brooklyn-based artist, critic, and teacher
There are Application and Entry Fees.
stARTup Art Fair
San Francisco, CA
Contact: Ray Beldner