Artist Call DetailHeisler Park Scenic Overlook and Bench Competition
For California artists
Heisler Park is located in the 200 – 500 blocks of Cliff Drive in Laguna Beach. The park is an approximately ½ mile long coastal strip atop ocean bluffs. The 18.5 acre park includes beach access, walking paths, lawns, gardens and picnic areas. There are numerous ocean view benches, public art installations, a lawn bowling area, restrooms and gazebo. A marine preserve, off shore from the park, offers extensive diving and tide pools to observe marine life.
- The proposed project must be constructed of durable materials that will be easy to maintain in an ocean environment.
- The scope of the project includes the design and landscaping of the entire scenic overlook area.
- The seating portion of the project must accommodate 4 to 6 people.
- Have surfaces that are comfortable and safe to sit on in the hot sun. No shade component is requested.
- May include multiple heights for seating with some or all backrests, not to exceed 4’ in height.
- Be securely installed but may also be easily moved at a later date.
- Artist must guarantee the construction and installation of the art work for five years.
- Wooden elements are discouraged.
- The art work must be created by the artist.
City of Laguna Beach
Laguna Beach, CA
Contact: Sian Poeschl