Artist Call DetailCall for New Members
For SF Bay Area artists
Founded in 2006, Mercury 20 is an artist-established and operated gallery located in Oakland, California. Comprised of 20 members, Mercury 20 is dedicated to exhibiting high quality, innovative work from emerging and mid-career artists.
THE BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Members have the opportunity to show their work in the downtown Oakland arts district and to participate in the Oakland Art Murmur, a well-attended and publicized event held on the first Friday of each month.
- By participating in all aspects of running the gallery, members gain an increased level of professional development based on their own interests and motivation. Members initiate and/or choose the gallery projects they wish to explore including planning and participating in exhibitions, maintaining the gallery, hanging shows, publicity and promotions, etc.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF MEMBERSHIP
- Members are asked to make a minimum one year commitment.
- Pay monthly dues with all money going toward rent, supplies and operating costs.
- Gallery-sit each month.
- Attend first Friday openings if possible.
- Attend a group meeting which meets once a month. At this meeting, we discuss issues, concerns, projects and make decisions by a consensus process.
- Members are encouraged to bring new ideas, develop existing plans, and inspire the direction Mercury 20 takes. Members are expected to be active on committees as needed.
For more information about Mercury 20 Gallery please visit our website at www.mercurytwenty.com.
Mercury 20 seeks innovative, self-directed members who will be active in gallery operations, events and projects. We are looking for residents of the East Bay. If you are interested in being considered for membership, please email us an application including:
- 5 images of recent work (Website link or jpegs)
- List of images with title, size, medium and year
- Letter of interest with contact info. If you have experience as a curator, with exhibitions, art writing, carpentry, grant writing, etc. please give details.
Email application materials to: email@example.com
Mercury 20 Gallery
Contact: Kathleen King