Artist Call DetailCall for Projects, World Art Day: Los Angeles / Festival Dates April 14-17, 2016
For Los Angeles artists
For the second consecutive year, the Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk will reprise its leadership role in World Art Day festivities, which were held for the first time ever in the United States in the city of Los Angeles in 2015. This international event led by IAA-UNESCO takes place on April 15th, Leonardo Da Vinci's birthday, and celebrates international collaboration through art. In honor of this worldwide celebration, Art Walk will host projects in the form of gallery exhibitions, pop-ups, and site-specific installations in private or public spaces. World Art Day: Los Angeles will be held over a 4-day window starting on the April 14th Art Walk, and ending on Sunday, April 17th, 2016.
CALL FOR PROJECTS: We invite curators, gallery directors and artists/cultural producers to submit projects (exhibitions, installations, pop-up, performances, etc.) to coincide with World Art Day celebrations held throughout Los Angeles, April 14-17, 2016. Thematically, a wide range of concepts spanning the fields of visual and performing arts can fall under the umbrella of World Art Day: Los Angeles, as long as they don't contradict values espoused by IAA-UNESCO.
THEME: Projects promoting cultural exchange, peace, and the artistic diversity of our city, are all a great fit for inclusion. Simply put, World Art Day: Los Angeles explores our city's role in the World art scene, and the rich tapestry of local artistic talent hailing from all over the world.
Please submit the following to email@example.com by 12:00 midnight on March 23rd, 2016. Kindly include World Art Day Proposal in the subject of your e-mail.
PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT COMPLETE PROJECTS! Organizer must have a venue/space secured for the work to be shown as we do not supply venues or exhibition space. Existing exhibitions or projects already underway are welcome, as long as they are free and open to the public from April 14th - 17th, and are compatible with the above theme.
Please submit an exhibition proposal containing:
- Contact information (e-mail, telephone number)
- Description of your exhibition/project not exceeding one page (Word or PDF file). Please include a separate document rather than describing the project in the body of an e-mail. This is important as each proposal will be printed and presented to the World Art Day Steering Committee for review.
- Location, date/time of your project/event, coinciding with our April 14-17, 2016 dates
- Information on featured artists: brief bio & statement, website, social handles (Instagram, Facebook)
- Send up to 20 .jpg images as attachments (do not embed images in the proposal document). Images should be web resolution (72 dpi), not exceeding 1600 pixels on the longest side. Note that higher resolution images may be needed upon request at a later date.
The World Art Day: Los Angeles Steering Committee will review proposals to assess their compatibility for inclusion. If your project has been accepted, you will be notified as soon as possible in the order that proposals are received.
The Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk and members of the World Art Day Steering Committee will publicize selected projects as part of the overall World Art Day: Los Angeles festivities.
The Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote the visual arts and culture in Downtown Los Angeles, on the 2nd Thursday of each month and all year round through programming, collaborations, and cultural initiatives.
IAA-UNESCO: International Association of Art in official partnership with the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk
Los Angeles, CA
Contact: Downtown Art Walk