Artist Call Detail2016 Fine Art Competition
For California artists
The 2016 Fine Art Competition at the California State Fair is now accepting entries! Open to All California artists 18 years and older. $16,500 in Cash and Special Awards!
Entry deadline: May 4th, 2016 by 5PM
Fee: $20 per entry.
The California State Fair Fine Art competition is recognized as one of the Golden State’s largest and most prestigious juried art shows. This visual arts exhibition has attracted many artists who have become “big names” in the visual arts for more than 160 years. Exhibiting at the California State Fair is a great way to build those ever-important exhibition credits on your resume, especially for those who are just beginning. Exhibiting at the State Fair also exposes your artwork to a large and diverse audience. Entering while satisfying all of the criteria is a great way to gain experience in submitting artwork to galleries, national and international shows.
The 2016 California State Fair will run Friday July 8th to Sunday July 24th. The Fine Art Competition to be displayed in Expo Center - Building 5
Entry Categories include:
- 2DArtworks/Brushworks (Oil, Acrylic, Watercolors, Plein Air, Mixed Media Paintings)
- 2D Artworks/NonPainting (Drawing, Pastels, Color Pencil, Printmaking, Collage, Mixed Media 2D)
- 3D Artworks (Sculpture-Single Medium, Sculpture-Mixed Media, Assemblage, Recycle, Other 3D Artworks)
- Digital Arts (Digital Art, Video, Film, or Animation)
- Photographic Works(Black & White, Color Photographs, Alternative Process/Mixed Media)
For more information and To Enter:
Please view the Fine Art Competition Handbook including Rules, Registration and Entry Procedures online at castatefair.org/fineart
Please Review all information in the Handbook, taking note of Special Rules in some Divisions, the entry deadlines, entry delivery dates and directions, entry requirements and rules, department name, entry divisions and specific classes you will enter.
- Fine Art Entries are Completed ONLINE ONLY
- The California State Fair has implemented ShoWorks, a user-friendly online entry program. All entries must be completed online and all entry fees paid by credit card (Visa or Mastercard); credit/debit cards are acceptable.
- Requirements for Digital Images to be uploaded
- Acceptable file formats are: .jpg (jpeg), .gif, .bmp, .png, or .tiff. Save images in RGB. CMYK will not upload properly.
- Maximum file size: 6MB
California State Fair
Contact: Michelle Scott