Artist Call DetailResearch Residency Program 2017
For International artists
Tokyo Wonder Site (TWS) launched its residency programs in 2006, cooperating with art centers and cultural institutions all over the world.
In October, 2014, TWS relocated its residence facilities to the Sumida Area, and re-opened as TWS Residency. Young emerging, middle standing, and international leading creators gather there to conduct their researches and explore creative activities in Tokyo.
Now we are calling for “Research Residency Program”, aimed at both international and local creators who are willing to conduct research on arts and culture in the city of Tokyo.
- June 30, 2016
This program is aimed at those creators
- who are willing to conduct research activities with their own theme(s)in the city of Tokyo.
- who practice in any of the following cultural/ artistic fields: visual art, music, sound art, performing art, architecture, design, and curation.
- Tokyo Wonder Site Residency
Residency Period/ Number of Creators
- Residency Period
- From the beginning of May, 2017 to the end of May, 2017 (one month)
- From the beginning of June, 2017 to the end of July, 2017 (two months)
- From the beginning of September,2017 to the end of September, 2017 (one month)
- From the beginning of October, 2017 to the end of November, 2017 (two months)
- From the beginning of January, 2018 to the end of January, 2018 (one month)
- From the beginning of February, 2018 to the end of March, 2018 (two months)
- 2-4 creators for each period/15creators in total are to be selected.
- Self-contained single room and support for research activities
Application Outline and Application Package
Please download the “Application Outline” and “Application Package” from the following URL:
Tokyo Wonder Site Residency
Contact: Tokyo Wonder Site