Artist Call DetailFur, Feathers, & Fins-our faithful pets
For National artists
Archaeologist estimate that humans domesticated dogs approximately 30,000 to 40,000 years ago, but it is likely that our interest in and fascination with animals began long before then. Most of us have tried to touch a beautiful bird or hold that furry squirrel. Surveys report that about 62% of American households include a pet. Why do we seek out the companionship of animals? Why do we need to be close to them? What needs do they fulfill? The jury seeks works that explore the wide world of pets, the role that our faithful companions play in our lives, and the impact that they have on our health and well-being. All media welcome; small to large-scale installations; new media encouraged; indoor and outdoor works accepted; cash awards to be presented.
Juror to be announced.
- Deadline to apply: August 10, 2016
- Notification of decision: August 22, 2016
- Delivery of artwork: September 22-27, 2016
- Annmarie After Hours Opening: October 7, 2016, 6-9pm
- Exhibit: October 7, 2016 - January 29, 2017
- Artwork Return/Pick-up: January 30-February 5, 2017
Annmarie Sculpture Garden & Arts Center
Contact: Jessalyn Walters