Artist Call DetailRoundabout Sculpture
For National artists
The Town of Windsor is soliciting public art entries of existing sculptures to be considered for an outdoor, temporary (24-36 months) installation in a new traffic roundabout located prominently on Windsor Road at Old Redwood Highway – a gateway to the vibrant downtown area of Windsor located in Sonoma county.
The theme of this project is “Art is at the Heart of the Community” and should represent the essence of the Windsor community including the significant location and its cultural relevance to the region. Special consideration will be given to art which incorporates kinetic elements including but not limited to wind, solar and kinetic mediums.
Sculpture must be existing. No conceptual designs will be considered.
- Sculpture must fit on a concrete base foundation that is 20 feet in diameter and six inches deep.
- Sculpture must be substantially fabricated and sufficiently safe to withstand all local weather and outdoor conditions.
- Consulting a structural engineer is highly encouraged.
- Sculpture must arrive in the same condition as portrayed in photographs.
- Sculpture must have the scale and proportion for a vehicle roundabout. Small scale sculptures will not be considered.
- There is particular interest in a sculpture that expresses kinetic properties and includes energy production of wind or solar
The selected Artist will be responsible for all costs associated with the transportation, delivery and removal of the sculpture, to/from the installation site. The sculpture is required to arrive to the site install-ready. The Town will be responsible for costs associated with the placement and installation of the sculpture at the site with oversite by the artist. For more information on the site and specific site plans, please contact staff below.
All submissions must be submitted via www.callforentry.org. A hard copy or emailed submissions will not be accepted. Submission deadline is July 29, 2016, 11:59 p.m. MDT.
Town of Windsor
Contact: Olivia Lemen