Artist Call DetailPublic Art - Call for Artists
For SF Bay Area artists
The Alameda County Arts Commission invites artists to apply for potential inclusion in an Artist Registry, a prequalified list of artists that will be used for upcoming public art opportunities. The opportunities may include outdoor and indoor projects with a range of project budgets and be appropriate for artists working in a variety of materials and styles. Many of the opportunities will be for artists to make a new series of smaller artworks in the studio; therefore, artists who make two-dimensional, low-relief, or wall sculptural artwork are encouraged to apply. Open to artists from 14 counties*.
Upcoming public art project sites include: Community Identifier Murals (Castro Valley, San Lorenzo, Ashland/Cherryland), East County Hall of Justice (Dublin), Information Technology Department Headquarters (Oakland), Camp Sweeney Replacement Project (San Leandro), and other sites to be determined.
Public art opportunities for a wide range of artists such as:
- Artists interested in collaborating with diverse communities and youth
- Artists making large-scale, hand-painted murals
- Artists who are interested in having their design concepts implemented in durable materials
- Artists interested in creating artwork for modern civic office buildings
- Established artists who have completed major public art commissions
- Emerging artists creating small to mid-sized framed artworks such as: drawings, paintings, prints, photographs, quilts and mixed-media artworks
*Artists from the counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, Sacramento, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, and Yolo.
View the complete Call for Artists for details and additional eligibility requirements: http://tinyurl.com/zm57rbh or call (510) 208-9646 to receive the information by mail or email. To be considered for these opportunities, artists must register and submit an application through the CaFÉ website, www.callforentry.org
QUESTIONS & CONTACT INFO
For questions regarding this opportunity, please contact the Office of the Alameda County Arts Commission at (510) 208-9646 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alameda County Arts Commission
Contact: Rosa Valdez