Artist Call DetailSteampunk-Victorian Holiday Faire
For International artists
High Hand Gallery is now accepting applications for booth space at our annual event, The Steampunk-Victorian Holiday Faire. Work does not need to be Steampunk or Victorian to qualify. We are looking for artists and high-end crafters in a mediums. This juried art event, similar to our popular Art Fest, will showcase local artists displaying and selling their work, and will take place in the High Hand fruit shed on Saturday and Sunday, December 2 & 3, 2017, with set-up the previous day.
There will be a variety of fun things scheduled throughout the event including:
- Photos with our Steampunk-Victorian Santa, where kids of all ages can don Steampunk-Victorian costume pieces and pose with Santa to have their photo taken
- A full schedule of a variety of musical acts, including Victorian costumed Carolers
- The annual Lighting Ceremony produced by High Hand Nursery staff on Saturday evening
- Saturday evening hours for other businesses in the complex
High Hand Gallery members will incorporate Steampunk-Victorian style in their dress that weekend, and we request that participants include traditional Victorian or Steampunk elements in their own attire to help set the mood for this wonderful event.
Steampunk-Victorian Holiday Faire Important Dates:
- September 12, 2017: Deadline for submitting application and $20 non-refundable application fee; application and link to PayPal can be found online at www.highhandgallery.com (Applicants need not have a PayPal account to make payment online)
- September 25, 2017: Accepted artists will be notified and provided with a link to PayPal for additional booth fee of $80.00
- October 10, 2017: Deadline for accepted artists to pay the $80.00 booth fee.
- December 1, 2017: Booth set-up 12pm-4pm with assigned arrival times; additional set-up may take place 9am-10am on Saturday, December 2, 2017
- Saturday, December 2, 2017: 10am-7:30pm
- Sunday, December 3, 2017: 10am-4pm Booth break-down; 4pm-5pm
Other Important Information:
- All applications will be juried for acceptance based on type of medium and quality of work. The number of accepted artists will be determined by availability of space.
- Applications are accepted online only, through the gallery web site at www.highhandgallery.com. Please include 3 images of your artwork for review; acceptable file types are .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png. Maximum file size: 1 mb
- Artists may sell work with no commission paid to High Hand Gallery, but must have a valid California seller’s permit.
- Artists may demonstrate some aspect of their work regularly during the event but are not required to do so.
- Artists are responsible for all packaging and delivery, and for processing their own sales and applicable sales tax.
- Artists are responsible for all set up and break down of their booth, and must provide their own display and lighting equipment; no "pop-up" tents are allowed.
- Booth footprints and floor configuration may vary; spaces are generally 8' w x 6' d but are not guaranteed.
Booths must be manned during all hours of the event; no late arrivals or early departures.
Advertising and promotion of the event to local media provided by High Hand Art Gallery. Digital and printed promotional materials will be provided to participating artists!
Applications and additional information can be found at:
or on the gallery’s web site at www.highhandgallery.com under Call for Artists. Come and join us for this great holiday event!
High Hand Art Gallery
Contact: Trisa Swerdlow