Grant DetailCCF Fellowship for Visual Artists
California Community Foundation
CCF’s Fellowship for Visual Artists, founded in 1988, will award 12 $25,000 unrestricted grants to exceptional L.A. County-based visual artists this year.
How to Apply
The California Community Foundation (CCF) is pleased to announce that it is accepting applications to the 2016 CCF Fellowship for Visual Artists beginning. Applications will be accepted online via www.CallForEntry.org only.
- Must be working in the visual arts (e.g., painting, drawing, photography, printmaking, sculpture, installation, experimental film and video(1), interdisciplinary/mixed media or performance art (2) in which visual art must be a significant and integral component). Artists whose primary practice is performing or media arts (e.g., music, dance, acting, film, video, or moving animation) are not eligible.
Art in motion on a film, video or digital format that transcends aesthetic, formal, ideological and/or narrative norms. The work seeks alternative modes of production or distribution, outside the theatrically commercial approach. Conventional documentary work is not eligible.
An artistic presentation that incorporates the disciplines of music, theater, dance or other performance as a central element for engaging the audience. Performance artwork may be associated with advanced technologies, and more than one medium may be involved in the presentation.
- Must be visual artist with at least five (5) years or more years of active professional experience in their field. Artists must have documented exhibition history, publications or other significant proof of professional accomplishments with demonstrated work history in Los Angeles County.
- Must be a full-time resident of Los Angeles County for at least the last five (5) consecutive years prior to the application deadline. Full-time resident is defined as being physically present in Los Angeles County 9 months per year of residency.
- Must be at least 25 years old in age
- Individuals that are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Individuals who live outside of LA County
- Individual artists whose submitted resumes do not adequately demonstrate the required 5 years of professional history
- Individuals who have previously received a CCF Fellowship
- California Community Foundation employees and their immediate family members
Grant link: https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=3574