Grant DetailApplications for Literary Arts Projects
Silicon Valley Donors Circle
The Donor Circle for the Arts is proud to have granted more than $558,800 to emerging arts organizations in our region since its inception in 2008. Its mission is simple: to support emerging artists working with underserved populations, and to expand arts opportunities for the diverse cultural communities of our region.
The Donor Circle is now accepting grant applications for 2015 and 2016. Applications are due one month prior to the meeting date for each art form (see schedule below).
Eligibility criteria for arts groups requesting funding:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations and individual artists with nonprofit fiscal sponsors
- Based in Santa Clara or San Mateo counties only
- Annual budget of $1,000,000 or less
- Fits into one of six categories (Arts Education programs within each discipline will be considered)
- Visual Arts - application due Jan. 8, 2016
- Media (e.g. film, digital media, etc.) - application due March 4, 2016
- Literary Arts (e.g. spoken word, poetry, etc.) - application due Monday, Aug. 8, 2016
- All or portions of the organization’s mission must be to serve an underserved population (must be more substantive than simply donating tickets to underserved groups). If the organization’s main mission does not serve an underserved population, then the grant for which they apply must be designated to a specific project that does.
- Seeking project and/or general support grants
- Organization representatives must be able to meet in person with the Donor Circle for the Arts on designated meeting date
Proposed Meeting Date Schedule for 2015 and 2016, subject to change:
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- July 14, 2015 – Theatre
- Sept. 15, 2015 – Music
- Nov. 10, 2015 – Dance
- Feb. 9, 2016 – Visual Arts
- April 5, 2016 – Media
- Sept 12, 2016 – Literary Arts (deadline to apply is Monday, Aug. 8, 2016)
Grant link: http://www.siliconvalleycf.org/donor-circle-arts-rfp