Associate Arts Grants Administrator
California Arts Council
The California Arts Council will soon be hiring individuals to fill Associate Arts Grants Administrator positions. Currently there are two vacancies to be filled in the programs department that oversees all of the California Arts Council’s grant programs. This is a rare opportunity to join a hard working agency during an exciting time of growth. The California Arts Council invites qualified applicants to participate in step one of a four-step hiring process.
- At this time, interested individuals should take the Associate Arts Grants Administrator exam. Applicants should submit the completed examination along with a Standard State Application (STD 678). (Review the examination bulletin below to determine eligibility based on experience and level of expertise.)
- Successful applicants will be added to the Associate Arts Grants Administrator hiring list.
- Applicants will then be notified by mail and those on the hiring list can apply for open positions. Applicants will have to submit a second Standard State Application (STD 678) when applying to open positions. (Open Positions will be advertised shortly.)
- Selected applicants will be interviewed by senior staff.
Desired Experience: (Review the examination bulletin for minimum qualifications)
- Two years of experience with a performing, or exhibiting organization, or an arts service agency with responsibility in one or more of the following areas: artistic program planning or evaluation; public relations and marketing; fiscal management; or organizational development. (A Master's Degree in Arts Administration, Public or Business Administration with at least 24 semester units in Arts Policy or Arts Management may be substituted for one year of experience.)
- Two years of experience with a public or private arts funding agency with responsibility for analyzing or evaluating grant applications. (A Master's Degree in Arts Administration, or a Master's Degree in Public or Business Administration with at least 24 semester units in Arts Policy or Arts Management may be substituted for one year of experience.)
- Education: Equivalent to graduation from college. (Registration as a Senior in a recognized institution will admit applicants to the examination, but they must produce evidence of graduation or its equivalent before they can be considered eligible for appointment.) (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for up to two years of education on a year-for-year basis.)
Desired Knowledge: (Review the examination bulletin for Scope of Knowledge and Ability)
- California Arts Council policies, goals and program guidelines
- Principles and practices of public, business or nonprofit administration with specific reference to program evaluation, contracts, fiscal management, marketing and public relations, planning and development
- Cultural history and current artistic activity of California.
Exams will be evaluated on an ongoing basis. Interested applicants are encouraged to take the exam as soon as possible. (See Examination Bulletin below for testing period cutoff dates.)
The mission of the California Arts Council is to advance California through the arts and creativity.
An equal opportunity employer.
The California Arts Council is headquartered in Sacramento. All staff positions are based at that location.
Please include the completed exam and the Standard State Application in exam package. The following are links to the examination bulletin and Standard State Application.
Standard State Application (STD. 678) * You may need to use 'Save As' to save data in form