Arts Grants Administrator Positions
California Arts Council
The California Arts Council will be hiring individuals to fill program administrator positions for the first time in over ten years. Currently there are two vacancies to be filled. This is a rare opportunity to join a hard working agency during an exciting time of growth.
The California Arts Council invites qualified applicants to participate in step one of a four-step hiring process.
- At this time, interested individuals should take the Arts Grants Administrator exam. There are two state classifications, Assistant Arts Grants Administrator and Associate Arts Grants Administrator characterized by qualifications and experience. (Review the examination bulletins below to determine the most appropriate classification(s) for which to apply.)
- Successful applicants will be added to the appropriate Arts Grants Administrator hiring list based on the classification(s) to which they applied.
- Interested applicants can then apply for open positions. (Open Positions will be advertised shortly.)
- Selected applicants will be interviewed by senior staff.
Desired Experience: (Review the appropriate examination bulletin for minimum qualifications)
- Experience with a performing, or exhibiting organization, or an arts service agency with responsibility in one or more of the following areas: artistic program planning or evaluation, organizational development, fiscal management, public relations and marketing, or
- Experience with a public or private arts funding agency with responsibility for analyzing or evaluating grant applications.
Desired Knowledge: (Review the appropriate examination bulletin for Scope of Knowledge and Ability)
Principles and practices of public, business or nonprofit administration with specific reference to program evaluation, contracts, fiscal management, marketing and public relations, planning and development; the cultural history and current artistic activity of California; and components of public grant proposal process.
Exams will be evaluated on an ongoing basis. Interested applicants are encouraged to take the exam as soon as possible. (See Examination Bulletins, below, for testing period cutoff dates.)
The mission of the California Arts Council is to advance California through the arts and creativity.
An equal opportunity employer.
The California Arts Council is headquartered in Sacramento. All staff positions are based at that location.
The following are links to the examination bulletins, Standard State Application, and Supplemental Application (Exam):
Standard State Application (STD. 678) * You may need to use 'Save As' to save data in form