Arts Jobs - DetailDonor Advisor
CENTER THEATRE GROUP
Los Angeles, CA
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to making out-bound telephone calls to lapsed and current Inner Circle and Entertainment Circle members and subscribers to solicit new contributions and secure renewing donors. The Donor Advisors work with the Donor Advisor Supervisor and with other members of the Institutional Advancement Department to ensure the success in reaching the Board Approved goal.
- Assist in achieving annual goals through active solicitation of current subscribers, lapsed subscribers, current Inner Circle and Entertainment Circle members, check-off donors and lapsed donors to acquire, renew and upgrade tax-deductible gifts to Center Theatre Group’s Annual Fund.
- Complete daily paperwork in regard to number of contacts, number and amount of donations, callbacks and declines.
- Mailing, faxing and e-mailing information to prospective and renewing donors and following-up with telephone calls to secure donations.
- Follow-up with donors to collect Outstanding Pledge Payments.
- Maintain proficiency with Center Theatre Group’s donor database system.
- Attend Founders Room Dinners and other events with donors as needed.
- Attend all scheduled Donor Contributions meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess excellent skills in donor relations and co-worker communications.
- Demonstrate good work habits including but not limited to attendance, following Center Theatre Group workplace policies, being responsive and following through on all donor, supervisor and staff requests.
- Possess a working knowledge of theatre and Center Theatre Group productions.
- Must be motivated and a self-starter.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes within the scope of their duties
- Knowledge and essential skills
- Experience in phone solicitation, preferably in a non-profit arts environment.
- Working knowledge of computers and software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, email and databases.
- Must be detail oriented; ability to focus on multiple projects simultaneously and function well under various and possibly conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Enthusiasm, dedication, a sense of humor and a drive to succeed.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Have access to travel to, within and around a variety of locations, both interior and exterior for meetings, events and other job-related activities.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently operate office equipment including telephones, copiers, fax machines, and computers.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds (i.e. reports, programs, brochures, etc.)
- Ability to sit in workstation, type and work with a computer.
- Requires being open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Background in-or knowledge of-theatre arte preferred.
- Proven track record of being self-motivated.
- Minimum two years of fundraising or sales experience.
- Candidates MUST be able to pass a background check.
- CTG is not able to provide relocation assistance for this position.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
- Staff members are expected to consciously and continuously promote the mission, values, programs and impact of the organization.
Address: 601 West Temple Street