Arts Jobs - DetailGallery Administrator
Caldwell Snyder Gallery
San Francisco, CA
Caldwell Snyder Gallery is seeking a full time Administrator in downtown San Francisco.
The gallery services an international clientele and specializes in the exhibition and sale of 20th-century American and European paintings, drawings, sculpture, and limited edition prints. In addition to mounting exhibitions, the gallery staff works closely with private collectors building collections, locating works of art, providing art advisory services, and assisting individuals in navigating the maze of the art world. The gallery was established in 1983 and is a current member of the San Francisco Art Dealers Association.
We are looking for someone who is energetic and organized, with great communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people. Must be computer and Internet savvy, and have an appreciation for fine art.
A successful candidate will be a dedicated, detail oriented, multi-tasker with a background in office administration (ideally in the arts). The candidate will be required to interface with all aspects of the art gallery assisting sales staff, shipping department, and gallery owners.
Qualifications & Computer skills:
At least 2 years of administration experience
BA Degree, preferably with coursework in fine art or art history
Knowledge of modern and contemporary art markets
Strong interpersonal skills
Self-motivated and the ability to work independently but also as a team
Proficiency in Mac OS X, Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge of Photoshop, Filemaker Pro, and InDesign.
Detailed list of responsibilities:
- Field incoming calls
- Organize office, supplies, IT, and telephones.
- Primary website content manager for Caldwell Snyder Gallery website
- Maintain online art listings and assist with PR
- Management of social networking channels
- Maintenance, distribution and documentation of exhibition catalogs sent to gallery clientele
- Documentation of shipments for all shipped art in our New York, San Francisco and St. Helena galleries, in accordance with auditing standards
- Monthly maintenance of back-up scheme for all gallery files
- Serving as liaison for private rental events including collaborating on clients' goals: event preparations, room arrangements, contracts, certification and oversight of related staffing and physical needs
- Oversee interns including training and supervising
- Fine art photography including lighting, editing and staging to demonstrate scale
- Occasional assistance with shipping and general gallery maintenance
Please send cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm. Must be available for some weekends and evenings for exhibition openings.