Arts Jobs - DetailAdvancement Coordinator
The Music Center
Los Angeles, CA
The Music Center’s Advancement department is currently in search of an Advancement Coordinator.
The position will assist in the implementation of departmental strategies to attain The Music Center’s institutional fundraising goals including providing broad support to corporate, foundation, and government fundraising efforts. The position will also provide primary coordination and administrative and logistical support to the Institutional Giving team and backup support as needed to the Advancement Services and Events teams.
Under immediate supervision of the Assistant Vice President, Advancement (AVP2), the Coordinator will work closely with the AVP and the Institutional Giving team, as well as the Advancement Services team, Events team, Advancement senior staff, and the entire department. The Coordinator will have contact with corporate, foundation, and government donors, and will be responsible for close coordination and communication with internal departments.
Principle responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to the AVP in charge of institutional giving with duties such as such as answering phones, responding to email inquiries, data entry, record keeping, copying, tracking and coding expenses, and other administrative tasks.
- Facilitate meeting logistics (for internal and external meetings) including but not limited to scheduling of appointments, agenda and material preparation, conference call set-up, audio/video set-up, catering arrangements, and meeting follow-up.
- Process and track all acknowledgment letters for institutional donors to ensure the correspondence is meaningful, personalized, and timely.
- Perform a range of persuasive writing duties, including the completion of letters of inquiry, full proposals online applications.
- Assist with institutional donor and prospect portfolios, interfacing with donors and prospects regularly as needed.
- Assist in ensuring the integrity of institutional donor data, including but not limited to entry and tracking of meetings, visits, asks, and other data necessary for moves management protocols.
- Interface with program staff to evaluate and explore new opportunities, develop assignments and secure all necessary information to translate into appropriate and compelling solicitations.
- Create necessary solicitation support materials (e.g., budget summaries, program synopses, one-sheets, biographies, and historical perspectives).
- Assist with strategic approaches to assigned new prospects to meet their needs and interests and do the same for existing donors to keep them engaged and to maximize opportunities
- Oversee the centralized repository of approved and consistent language, data and materials— keeping it accessible to the Institutional Giving team and entire department.
- Prepare reports to institutional donors and work with other departments to secure needed information.
- Prepare draft correspondence and other written materials, and review, proofread, and provide feedback on proposals, reports, or other materials upon request.
- Review and provide feedback on draft proposals and reports upon request.
- Assist, as needed, with the writing and creation of other fundraising materials.
- Complete data entry in database (Tessitura) to preserve key information, notes and documents; and keep electronic and hard-copy records current and accurate.
- Provide support for general department and team phone lines and emails.
- Code and process invoices as needed.
- Assist AVP and Advancement senior staff with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications include:
- One to two years professional nonprofit experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to present information in a variety of formats.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with a high degree of professionalism.
- Discretion with confidential and sensitive information, including with handling of donor and prospect data.
- Highly organized with strong ability to effectively prioritize projects with conflicting deadlines.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience working with a relational database (Tessitura) and Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Must be highly dependable and maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Work well under pressure and adapt to changing needs as identified by leadership.
- Exceptional customer service ethic, diplomacy, and tact.
- Experience working with events and strong customer service skills.
- A record of experience in activities requiring customer service, event planning, or donor relations.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends as needed.