Arts Jobs - DetailAccounting Manager
Wallis Annenberg Center for Performing Arts
Beverly Hills, CA
The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing all general accounting functions including cash management, revenue recognition, accounts receivable and payroll, and is also responsible for leading the month-end close and financial reporting process. Additional responsibilities include grants management and assisting with the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
The Accounting Manager ensures the integrity and accuracy of financial data and reports, provides financial analysis and makes recommendations on policy and procedures. In addition, the Accounting Manager works with staff throughout the organization to assist with the monitoring of budgets and conducting good business practices for the day-to-day operations and administration of finance and accounting at The Wallis.
- 5-8 years of accounting or finance experience is required; significant experience with non-profit and grant compliance accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree required in accounting, business administration or similar subject emphasis.
- Computer proficiency in:
- QuickBooks accounting software
- Microsoft Office, Excel, Word
- Experience with Tessitura (or comparable CRM software) and Paycom and/or other HRIS strongly preferred
- A quick study and “can do” attitude to effectively take ownership responsibility and accountability for projects-evaluating matters, presenting alternatives and recommending solutions, proactively anticipating and responding to management’s needs.
- Proven ability to supervise and mentor staff while effectively delegating tasks as needed.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively with little supervision on multiple tasks requiring attention to detail and accuracy.
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal are required.
- Complete confidentiality and discretion, tact and poise, and sound judgment are required.
- Manages the day-to-day accounting operations, including supervising staff in the areas of cash receipts, accounts payable and payroll.
- Assists the CFO as needed with the annual budgeting and forecasting process, cash flow management and ad hoc reporting to Board Committees.
- Ensures the accurate input of all information into the accounting system including general ledger account codes, functional allocation of expenses, and compliance with accrual accounting principles.
- Oversee the revenue recognition process; including uploads of Tessitura sub ledger data into the QuickBooks system (QB).
- Processes all Accounts Receivable, including bank deposits, credit card merchant account reconciliations, box office revenue, and other sources of revenue.
- Reconciles bank statements for all accounts. Processes transfers between bank accounts, as needed, and acts as a liaison with bank representatives.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts regularly and ensure that all income, expense and balance sheet entries are properly recorded in the general ledger.
- Reviews and approves payroll before it is processed (bi-weekly for staff, weekly for actors/productions).
- Oversees maintenance of the chart of accounts, including updates to job code lists.
- Ensures that all payroll and withheld-at-source taxes are deposited with the appropriate governmental agencies in a timely and accurate manner.
- Works closely with the independent auditors to provide the information necessary to complete the annual audits and tax returns.
- Processes employee retirement plans including contributions and reporting requirements.
- Prepares reconciliations and roll forwards for pledges receivable accounts (capital and operating).
- Works closely with Ticket Services, Rentals, and Education departments to conduct ongoing reconciliations of all earned revenue (ticket sales, rentals, concessions, education programs, and other earned revenue) and ensure that earned revenues are correctly recorded.
- Works closely with Development to conduct ongoing reconciliations of all contributed revenue and ensures that contributions are correctly recorded based on purpose and restriction.
- Provides facilitation and support for Finance and Audit committees including assisting with preparation of meeting materials and documenting meeting minutes.
- Prepares all financial information for individual, corporate and institutional grant applications and reporting requirements for the Development department; maintaining accurate records of grant activity.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Address: 9390 N. Santa Monica Blvd.