Arts Jobs - DetailBookkeeper
San Francisco Bach Choir
San Francisco, CA
The position is part-time, requiring approximately eight (8) hours per month, although more hours are required in the week before and after concert/program weekends (currently three times per year—late October, early December, early March and mid-May) and when preparing records at the end of the fiscal year (June) for tax returns and next year’s budget. Additional work effort is also required when preparing financial information in support of grant applications, e.g., Grants for the Arts.
Some of the tasks required will be:
- Data entry and proper classification of bank and on-line transactions
- Processing accounts payable: enter bills, prepare checks
- Processing accounts receivable: prepare invoices, book deposits
- Deposit cash and checks
- New vendor setup and payment processing
- Reconciliations: all bank and investment accounts
- Support payroll processing and prepare sales tax return
- Provide documentation as requested from Treasurer or Executive Director
- Prepare monthly, annual, and on-demand reports from financial software (QuickBooks)
- Maintain QuickBooks for annual transmission to CPA who prepares the SFBC tax return
- 1099 tax preparation and filing
- Provide documentation as requested from Treasurer or Executive Director for reports to Board and support production of annual budget, tax return, and grant applications
- Work with Executive Director and Treasurer to maintain a chart of accounts that best reflects SFBC activities
- Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of accounting concepts and experience with non-profit accounting
- Attentive to detail and able to prioritize tasks
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Able to work extra hours if needed and have a flexible schedule
- Able to work from own office and maintain SFBC files on own computer, with back-up
- Able to store some paper files for current fiscal year (SFBC has a virtual office)
Prior experience with non-profit arts organizations a plus
Contracted, per-hour position. Rate DOE.
The Bookkeeper reports to the Executive Director and the Board Treasurer.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Open until filled.