Arts Jobs - DetailAssistant Conductor Fellowship
VOX Femina Los Angeles
Culver City, CA
Position: Assistant Conductor
10 month commitment
Reports to Artistic Director
Premier women’s chorus under the direction of Dr. Iris Levine seeks a dynamic musician for the position of Assistant Conductor Fellow (ACF). ACF will work closely with Dr. Levine (Founder & Artistic Director) on concert programming and performance preparation. ACF will be mentored by Dr. Levine and will participate as follows:
- Provide input regarding programming and music selection for each concert
- Attend weekly chorus rehearsals, dress rehearsal, and performances
- Rehearse and conduct selections as assigned by Artistic Director (AD)
- Conduct sectionals when directed by the AD
- Conduct rehearsals in the absence of the AD
- Assist with auditions including solo auditions, as requested
- Conduct chorus in performances as requested; prepare and conduct at least one selection in a subscription concert
Must be a singing member in the ensemble
- Assist the Artistic Director in coordinating production elements for each concert as requested.
- Youth Engagement Program Responsibilities
- Assist the VOX Executive Director and Administrative Coordinator in organizing youth workshops. Act as liaison between schools and participating VOX singers.
- Lead Choral Mentorship workshops at schools (approximately 2-3 hours at each of 6-8 schools)
- Meet with Choral Scholars prior to each VOX rehearsal between the March and June concerts
ACF will be offered a stipend of $4,000 over a 10-month period
How to Apply
Please send: cover letter, resumé with 3 references, letter of recommendation, and a link to view a conducting video (maximum 10 minutes in length) to: email@example.com. Applicant may choose to include rehearsal or performance video or combination of both.
Important: VOX Femina Los Angeles is accepting applications through 8/18/17.
VOX auditions begin 8/24/17, with rehearsals starting Tuesday, 9/5/17. ACF must successfully pass the chorus audition. Weekly rehearsals are at First Congregational Church, 540 S. Commonwealth Ave. Los Angeles, from 7:30—9:45p.m.
VOX Femina is one of the nation's premier women's choruses, singing culturally-diverse repertoire from the Renaissance to contemporary. Performances and outreach fulfill its mission, which is to give women voice through the performance of quality choral literature. It is a chorus committed to raising awareness about issues that affect us as a family of women. Our vision: Through the power of music, VOX Femina seeks to create a world that affirms the worth and dignity of every person.
Contact:VOX Femina Los Angeles
Address: 3341 Caroline Ave