Arts Jobs - DetailMajor Gifts Sponsorship Manager
Montalvo Arts Center
Montalvo Arts Center is an oasis of culture and nature whose mission is to create and present arts of all types, nurture artists, and use our historic Villa, buildings, and grounds in innovative ways that engage people in the creative process.
Montalvo is seeking an experienced Major Gifts Sponsorship Manager who will be responsible for securing financial support for our special events, most notably our blockbuster art installation--Bruce Munro Chronicles of Narnia at Montalvo.
The Major Gifts Sponsorship Manager will be a passionate individual with a rich development background, who has progressive and successful experience in South Bay Area/Silicon Valley fundraising. The ideal candidate cares deeply about Montalvo's mission, has a passion for the arts, and has experience working in nonprofit arts organization(s).
Duties include responsibility of event sponsorships and sales, event participant cultivation and growth, management of existing corporate relationships and development of new sources of corporate revenue. The Major Gifts Sponsorship Manager will also assist with other fundraising initiatives as an active member of our five-person development team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identification and development of opportunities to connect companies with the organization through existing events
- Responsibility for creating and assisting with sponsorship proposals
- Cultivation and management of event participants, companies and sponsors
- Management of revenue streams and achieving event revenue goals
- Responsibility for generating new business, and working towards annual goals
- Conducting weekly sponsorship visits, including both solicitation and cultivation meetings with corporate prospects and stewardship visits with current corporate partners
- Presentations to sponsors, general public, and volunteers
- Management and implementation of other initiatives and activities as assigned
- Five plus years of successful work experience in corporate sponsorship and management, and/or non-profit fundraising roles.
- A proven track record in soliciting and closing sponsorship sales in the $10,000-$250,000 range.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, self-starter, capable of taking direction but working independently and collaboratively with a team
- Ability to successfully exercise discretion and independent judgement to reach your goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with non-profit organizations and fundraising principles and practices
- Experience with donor database software (Raisers Edge preferred)
- A bachelor's degree
This position requires the ability to communicate via voice telephone, read and understand written communication, and generate written communication using a computer. Candidate must also have the ability to sit at a desk for extended periods, lift and move documents and supplies up to 25 lbs., and bend or reach to file and retrieve documents. The position involves regular local travel; valid driver's license and access to own vehicle is required. Occasional out-of-area and/or international travel may be required. The position requires evening and weekend availability.
To apply, please submit a cover letter describing your skills and experience related to this position, and include your reasons for wanting to apply for this position, along with your detailed resume and salary requirements - resumes without cover letter or salary requirements will not be considered. Please do not call about this position. Applications will be screened for qualifications and experience. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be offered an interview.
For more detailed information about Montalvo Arts Center visit our website at montalvoarts.org.
Montalvo Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants who contribute to the diversity of our organization are encouraged to apply.