Arts Jobs - DetailArt Instructor
Morgan Hill, CA
Pinot's Palette South Valley – Morgan Hill, Gilroy, South San Jose - is hiring Art Instructors!
Are you imaginative and passionate? We'll encourage you to be more so! Are you creative and talented? We'll nurture your spirit! Do you like to stand out in the crowd? We’ll applaud you! Why would we do that? We are Pinot’s Palette, the fastest growing premier Paint and Sip company and we are seeking the most energetic and fun artistic types to join our fun and free-spirited family.
We are opening Fall 2017 and are excited to build our team. We want fun, charismatic, and entertaining art instructors to help us get established and grow our business!
Customers will follow your step by step instructions while they paint on their own stretched canvases with acrylic paint. (Think painting party vs. serious art class.) The ideal person for this role will have an outgoing personality, strong work ethic, eagerness to learn, positive attitude and the ability to work quickly and energetically with a diverse group of painters, of varying skill levels. We will look for individuals who are excited to work collaboratively with Pinot’s Palette teammates to create a phenomenal customer experience. The deciding factor to this position is your outgoing personality and how well you can engage a group of painters from the stage, while leading (not teaching) them through the featured painting. Artists may be crossed trained on a variety of areas within the business.
If you have a talent and enjoy entertaining and guiding others in art, this is a job you!
How you will spend your time:
- Instructing customers during class in an energetic, clear and well-paced manner while encouraging creativity and creating a relaxed, fun party atmosphere. You are leading and engaging, not teaching.
- Assisting customers and staff member(s) to ensure smooth class flow and promoting customer painting success through teamwork and positive attitude.
- Creating & Developing paintings to be taught in classes and used for promotional items.
- Representing the family at a variety of places – anywhere from schools to restaurants to local festivals and beyond.
- Ability to design and execute quality, acrylic paintings in various painting styles
- Performance or stage skills (comfortable speaking on a microphone/clear and easily understandable speaking voice)
- Strong time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel (PC or Mac)
- Basic computer skills, internet and social media knowledge
Other Key Stuff:
- This is a part time opportunity with some flexibility
- Reliable transportation is important
- You must be a person who can be counted on to be punctual (early to events, timely submitting sample paintings etc.)
- Must be ok schlepping stuff and takes pride in careful set up and thorough clean-up of events
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Typical shift duration for painting events: 3-5 hours, depending on event size, duration, location
- College Degree in Art or Design related field and knowledge of working with acrylic paint**
- Experience leading large groups of people (teaching, classroom or otherwise)
- Some experience in customer service
- Theatre/acting experience is a plus
** College students in art or design welcome to apply
To Apply, Please Respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your Resume
- 3 Samples of art you created and love most; attachment or online portfolio link.
- A brief description (cover letter) on what has most piqued your interest about this opportunity
Visit www.pinotspalette.com to find out more about us.
Compensation: Competitive hourly pay with room for advancement! Salary (starting): $16 +, depending on experience. Potential to earn tips. Paid training. If you are skilled at creating new fan-favorite works of art and their accompanying instructions, you have the opportunity to earn much more per year through our national Painting Rewards program. This is a W-2 position vs a 1099 contractor so we pay part of your taxes allowing you keep more $$$ for yourself.
Why choose Pinot’s Palette?
- Lesson plans you can access online means that you can easily prepare for a successful class on the go
- We pay our artists as employees not contractors – more money for you
- Build your own Pinot's Palette portfolio! Participate in our national gallery of paintings and earn ongoing cash rewards for the use of your original paintings nationwide. The more times your painting is used at our 150+ studios nationwide, the more you earn!
Check out what other Pinot’s Palette employees have to say about working for Pinot’s Palette! We are a cut above in terms of culture, management, and high-quality employee experience
Pinot's Palette is an Equal Opportunity Employer.