Arts Jobs - DetailAccount Sales Coordinator
Center Theatre Group
Los Angeles, CA
POSITION TITLE: Account Sales Coordinator
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Account Sales Manager
DIRECT REPORTS INCLUDE: N/A
WORK SCHEDULE: (Full time/Part time) Full-Time
STATUS: (Exempt/Non-Exempt) Non-Exempt
COMPENSATION: (Hourly/Salary) Commensurate with experience
The Coordinator works with the Account Sales Manager to grow the group and corporate client base for Center Theatre Group. This is accomplished through cold calls, in-person meetings, and community networking. The Coordinator is also responsible for tracking sales activity using our ticketing system, Tessitura, as well as Microsoft Excel.
Additionally, the position will assist in creating marketing materials for the department, both printed and online, as well as occasionally put together events for our top clients.
- Work with the Account Sales Manager and Marketing Department to identify, prioritize and target appropriate corporate/group sales leads from CTG’s database of 300,000 customers as well as outside leads.
- Monitor customer sales activity using CTG’s Tessitura system and relationship progress in Microsoft Excel in order to cultivate further opportunities for optimal performance and growth.
- Engage in out-of-office sales activity designed to establish and maximize relationships with key targets as well as promote the department’s offerings in the community.
- Manage creation of marketing materials such as eBlasts and flyers to promote department offerings.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will be expected to perform other reasonable related duties as directed.
- Facilitate creation of promo codes and other unique ticketing mechanisms in partnership with the ticket operations team.
- Work closely with the Webmaster to maintain corporate webpages for the department’s clients.
- Collaborate with the box office and phone sales staff to ensure proper distribution of tickets/information to clients.
- Assist occasionally in executing department events for top clients.
- Participate in all necessary meetings as assigned.
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
All employees are expected to be familiar with and adhere to Center Theatre Group’s Personnel Policies and Procedures.
Knowledge and essential skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Possess practical knowledge of sales & marketing techniques and implementation.
- Carry a strong knowledge of the Los Angeles market as far as top business categories as well as geographically.
- Have a basic understanding of event ticketing.
- Demonstrate strong collaborative and decision-making skills when working with staff & clients.
Minimum requirements: Essential functions and abilities
- Must be comfortable cold-calling a high volume of at least 50 potential clients per week as well as growing existing relationships.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- An extensive knowledge of the complete suite of Microsoft Office applications as well at Outlook.
- Familiarity with internet research in order to develop new leads and cultivate new categories of clients.
- The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, outgoing, personable, enthusiastic and able to generate bottom-line results.
- All candidates must have a professional, polished, positive demeanor on the phone and in-person and must possess a strong desire to succeed.
- A strong passion for live theatre.
Education, Experience and Licensing
- Degree from a 4-year college or university preferred.
- 1- 2 years sales experience, live entertainment background helpful.
- The Account Sales Coordinator will receive a competitive base salary commensurate with experience.
- CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays; and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program and life and short & long-term disability insurance
- Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you’re the best person for this job.
- Send resume and cover letter along with salary requirements to: MZoldessy@centertheatregroup.org.
- Please be sure to include the job title in the subject line of your email. Submissions that do not include the job title in the subject line may not be considered.
- CTG does not have the ability to provide relocation benefits to candidates.
- Candidates MUST be able to pass a background check.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
- The work of CTG resembles a high energy work environment; there is always a high level of energy, excitement and activity for everyone in the organization; preparing for the next events/activities to accomplish our important mission. Staff members are expected to consciously and continuously promote the mission, values, programs, and impact of the organization when presented with opportunities for participating in membership development and reaching out to personal connections on behalf of CTG.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.