Arts Jobs - DetailRecruitment and Outreach Assistant
Job Title: Recruitment and Outreach Assistant
Department: Admissions/Recruitment & Outreach
Reports to: Director of Recruitment and Outreach
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
The Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc) is seeking an enthusiastic and accessible Recruitment and Outreach Assistant to support the school’s recruitment and outreach efforts. The Recruitment and Outreach Assistant provides administrative support as well as actively engaging with prospective students through campus tours, attending college fairs, high school presentations and other various outreach programs. This position is a great opportunity for someone that wants to be part of a diverse community of 500 students, 80+ faculty and 50 staff in a department that is expanding its community engagement locally, nationally and internationally.
SCI-Arc is internationally renowned for its innovative pedagogy and emphasis on design. It brings together accomplished architectural professionals who encourage creativity, share knowledge, and foster independence by focusing on the individual learning experience. SCI-Arc emphasizes communication and direct responsiveness to student concerns, thereby avoiding the cumbersome bureaucracy inherent in large organizations. The atmosphere is informal, collaborative and supportive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide prospective students with weekly campus tours
- Maintain database of recruitment contacts
- Update social media-twitter and Instagram
- Enter new prospective student contacts in the database
- Coordinate prospective student and program mailings
- Assist the Director of Recruitment with scheduling class presentations
- Give presentations in high schools, community colleges or recruitment events about SCI-Arc
- Track and provide materials for faculty & administrators recruitment travel
- Coordinate the visit of fieldtrip groups to SCI-Arc
- Research potential target schools and contacts
- Provide event support
- Help facilitate online advertising
- Attend college fairs
- Counsel prospective students
- Conduct portfolio reviews for prospective students and not accepted applicants
- Manage image library and image captions and coordinate images with other departments for presentations and publications.
- Coordinate housing information for prospective students
Qualifications and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required. A degree in architecture, visual arts or design is a plus
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal communication skills to clearly convey information in person and over the phone
- Skill in writing clear, concise, grammatically and factually correct correspondence, memos and e-mails
- Ability to provide constructive feedback about prospective student’s art work or portfolio.
- Strong public speaking skills
- Warm and approachable demeanor
- Independent problem solver
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships; to apply good customer service strategies; to maintain privacy of records; to interact with students, faculty, staff and community; to work in a multiethnic environment
- Must be able to travel
- Must have a reliable vehicle
- Bi-lingual (Spanish or Mandarin) a plus
Computer Experience: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; experience with Jenzabar or similar constituent management software system preferred.
We offer a great benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and generous paid time off.