Arts Jobs - DetailAssociate Director of Marketing & Communications
ArtPower! at UC San Diego
Reporting to the Executive Director of ArtPower!, the Associate Director of Marketing & Communication is responsible for management of the ArtPower! functions of marketing, communications (e.g., publications, website, social media), public relations, media relations, market research, ticketing and customer service.
The position conceptualizes and implements marketing and communication plans for ArtPower! and the UCSD Box Office, with the objective of maximizing student attendance to events and engagement programs, increasing ticket sales and donations, and expanding awareness of ArtPower! and enhancing its reputation as an innovative arts presenting organization. Oversees the production of all collateral including season brochures, websites, print and e-newsletter, performance programs, annual reports, event signage and way finding; posters, and flyers - all in a manner consistent with the quality and prestige of the programs.
This position secures media coverage of ArtPower! events and curators by issuing press releases and establishing productive working relationships with news media at campus, local, national and international level. The position ensures ArtPower! patrons receive excellent customer service both online via the ArtPower! and UCSD Box Office websites and in person at the UCSD Box Office and the front of the house at events.
The position supervises the staff of the UCSD Box Office, a full service ticketing operation for the university with over $1 million in sales annually. Responsible for marketing the UCSD Box Office with the objective of expanding campus use of the Box Office for ticketing services. Will assist the Executive Director and Director of Development in formulating and executing fundraising campaigns.
Full salary range: $50,722.00 to $94,755.00
Must be available to work evening and weekends.
- Graduation from college and five years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven knowledge of the performing arts, film and/or entertainment industries as well as box office management and ticketing along with the specific marketing strategies that build audiences, particularly students, and cultivate an appreciation for the arts.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing, public relations and organizational communications; knowledge of current principles, trends and best practices. Includes proven knowledge of target-audience marketing, market research, fundraising, direct mail, electronic techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective media relations to facilitate pre-event coverage, interviews, reviews with campus, local, state, national and international news media.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills to assess staff capabilities.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
Apply online at: http://jobs.ucsd.edu/bulletin/job.aspx?cat=search&sortby=rank&jobnum_in=73973&search=artpower!