Arts Jobs - DetailHead Registrar
Los Angeles, CA
ACE Gallery Los Angeles, one of the world’s leading art galleries for modern and contemporary art, is seeking a highly qualified professional to assume the position of Head Registrar.
The Head Registrar will direct the activities of the department, and will work in collaboration with the Director to plan and administrate future projects.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Precision documentation on all incoming and outgoing acquisitions, sales and loans.
- Reviewing facility reports, insurance policies, deaccessions, loan and participation agreements.
- Maintaining records of all artworks: condition, location, and all related paperwork for each piece.
- Arranging all packing and shipping of artworks, both incoming and outgoing.
- Streamlining archival standards, and instituting new processes as needed in concert with the Director.
- Regularly consulting with Controller and Director regarding insurance, risk-management, agreements and contracts.
- Creating databases and files that staff can access as needed.
- Managing all staff within the department, and interfacing with the Head Preparator and Director to coordinate staff.
- Developing long-term strategic plans for the department.
- Four-year degree in Art History or related field, and a minimum of four years of related experience (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Must have direct experience as a registrar for a collection and/or commercial art gallery and/or museum.
- Strong management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Strong computer skills (Must have proficiency on Mac OS and with Microsoft Office suite).
- Advanced communication skills, including mastery of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Must have a strong knowledge of the construction of crates for shipping artwork.
- Must be organized, discreet, judicious and efficient.
- Must live within a 10 mile radius of Ace Gallery Los Angeles.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please reply to email@example.com with a letter of application, resume, salary history, three references, and a recent photograph of yourself.