Arts Jobs - DetailDirector of Graduate Admissions
Art Center College of Design
This position will focus on developing and implementing recruitment strategies and managing admissions processes for the College’s graduate programs, which include Art, Film, Environmental Design, Industrial Design, Media Design, and Transportation Design. Responsibilities include developing and executing innovative, effective recruitment events, finding and cultivating qualified prospective students, identifying and cultivating relationships with feeder organizations and resources, and participating in Portfolio Days and industry-related conferences.
In conjunction with the Department Chairs and the Marketing Department, the position will explore and implement creative strategies to attract applicants who demonstrate the desired qualifications and will work collaboratively to meet enrollment goals. In addition, the Director will take on primary responsibility for international recruitment strategies for the College. This will encompass both undergraduate and graduate disciplines and might include visits to other institutions, portfolio days, fairs, events, and development of relationships with alumni.
This work requires an entrepreneurial approach, while being mindful of the practices and strategies of the Admissions Department. The Director should have a deep understanding of contemporary art and design disciplines, and be well versed in the differences among the graduate disciplines. Although training on disciplines will be provided, candidates should come from an art and design background that provides the basis for transferal of knowledge among the majors. This expertise will be conveyed through the ability to engage in meaningful dialogue with faculty and students.
Art Center College of Design is an international center for art and design education located in Pasadena, California. We are an independent, nonprofit, four-year college with an 80-year history of educating aspiring artists and designers in a variety of creative fields. Undergraduate degrees are offered in eleven disciplines in addition to six graduate programs, currently at an enrollment of approximately 1700 undergraduate and 190 graduate students. The College is in session year-round with three entering classes per year. Visit artcenter.edu for more information.
- 2–3 years prior admissions and/or marketing experience in a higher educational institution; prior entrepreneurial, business, or industry recruitment experience could be substituted for direct admissions or marketing experience
- Must have depth of knowledge about social media platforms and on-line presence
- Ability to interpret data and respond with creative strategies
- Ability to work with detailed systems, which is crucial during the review and scholarship awarding process
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Master’s degree is required, preferably in an applicable area of art and design or marketing
- Deep understanding of contemporary art and design disciplines is necessary to provide transferal of knowledge among the majors and ability to engage in meaningful dialogue with faculty and students
- Valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable vehicle required for local travel
Applicants are asked to include a cover letter with their resume stating salary expectations, via email by March 6, 2015.
Art Center College of Design is committed to excellence through the establishment of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and its surrounding communities.