Arts Jobs - DetailProgram Assistant (Advancement and Visitor Services)
LUX Art Institute
This part-time position (up to 30 hours/week) supports the education and advancement departments in the implementation of programs and exhibitions at Lux Art Institute. Availability must be flexible as program dates/times are subject to change. Some Saturday and evening hours will be necessary.
- Assists with managing advancement database, generation of advancement reports and creation of donor appreciation materials
- Assists with management of membership program including sending fulfillment materials, acknowledgement and maintenance of membership database
- Assists with grant research, preparation and follow up
- Assists with general museum reception and visitor services, meets and greets the general public at the reception desk
- Provides general information about the museum, exhibits and the community
- Build and maintain rapport with visitors, members, donors, and media to cater the visitor experience to their needs.
- Lead the daily operations of the reception desk with a focus on customer service, organization and efficiency, ensuring visitors are attended to professionally and promptly
- Takes admission and program fees using a Point of Sale system
- Answers the telephone and fields calls to appropriate staff members
- Handles and balances cash and related entries
- Ensures all payment policies and procedures are followed, and record keeping is accurate and timely to maintain financial and data integrity
- Reports accurate information about planned programs/events
- Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of general use spaces
- Serve as a liaison between instructors and the Education Department
- Maintain records of visitation and visitor-related revenue and report to key personnel institution wide on a regular basis
- Work closely with interdepartmental in planning, staffing and implementation of events
- Coordinate visitor flow with the Lux Liaisons/Education Fellow/Store Coordinator and assist with giving tours, as necessary.
- Outgoing and organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have personal transportation
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office platforms, Adobe Creative Suite and other technological platforms
- eTapestry experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-3 years experience in a customer service environment, preferably in a non-profit setting
The position reports to the advancement department. Other logistical tasks will be assigned on an as-needed basis.