Arts Jobs - DetailAdministrative Assistant, Advancement and Membership
Skirball Cultural Center
Los Angeles, CA
The Skirball Cultural Center seeks an energetic, mature, self-motivated, detail-oriented, multitasking, flexible team player with superior communications skills to support the Advancement and Membership team. This position reports to the Vice President of Advancement and supports the work of the Vice President, Grant Writer, and Membership Manager.
- Four-year college degree and two years of progressively responsible experience in an administrative role within a corporate or preferably nonprofit or cultural environment.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, deadlines, and follow-through.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and manage a changing and varied workload.
- Team player with superb people skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including online research.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, Excel, and FileMaker Pro preferred; relational database experience required.
- Be a knowledgeable representative of the Skirball Cultural Center.
- Manage meeting schedules.
- Maintain paper and electronic files.
- Process donations under $10,000; send out invoices, receipts, and thank you letters.
- Routinely check database accuracy and perform record clean-up tasks.
- Assist with Major Donor events.
- Assist Membership Manager with processing memberships and coordinating member events.
- Track and update donation reports.
- Gather, maintain, and research information about potential foundations, corporate, and individual supporters.
- Assist with preparation of print and electronic grant application.
- Manage multiple databases, ensuring that accuracy and integrity of information is maintained.