Arts Jobs - DetailOutreach Associate
Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre
Los Angeles, CA
Working closely with the Artistic Director, Strategic Director and Experience Director, the Outreach Associate will be responsible for the Educational and Outreach components of the company; including maintaining and managing the company’s Duck Truck Residency Program. Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre is seeking someone who has strong creative, interpersonal and dance skills, an eye for detail, a desire for a career in arts education, and a passion for the performing arts.
Position reports to: Artistic/Executive Director
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work Manage, schedule, and coordinate the five outreach branches:
- Public Practice
- Curbside Conversations
- Speaker Series
- Repertory Residencies
- Duck Truck Residency Program
- Develop Program Evaluations and track Program Budget
- Manage and Recruit Partnerships with Schools and Community Organizations
- Recruit, manage and teach Duck Truck teachers and maintain curriculum
- Assist in education and outreach-specific grant writing as needed
- Collaborate with the Experience Director and other company Directors and Associates on the company’s overall outreach for the organization
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, and proficiency in Spanish a plus
- Dance and Arts Education experience
- Self-motivated with the ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Undergraduate college degree required
- Minimum 2 years of work experience. Background in the arts and working in a diverse environment preferred.
- Own a car/valid driver license
Salary/Hours: The Outreach Associate will work part-time, 20 hours per week, to grow into a full-time position. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Outreach Associate” in the subject line.
Position open until filled. For immediate hire.