Arts Jobs - DetailProgram Director
Casa Romantica Cultural Center and Gardens
- To provide managerial oversight for all Casa sponsored Program and activities, not including Fund Development events. The program director will coordinate and delegate the necessary duties and tasks to appropriate volunteers to implement this objective.
- Program research for content, guidelines and other critical components of the program in accordance with guidelines to fulfill and advance the Casa's mission.
- Assist in developing program strategies concurrent with the Casa's mission.
- Arrange for and/or assist Executive Director withe speakers and performers for all Casa Program including casa Up Close, Casa Classic, Casa Cool, Casa Drama, Casa Kinetic, Open Casa, Casa Coastal, Casa Wellness Wednesdays and Casa Kids.
- Responsible for the total experience of each event to include decor, themes, lay-out and logistics, equipment rentals, ambience, selections of food, win or other refreshments.
- Oversees the Student Art Exhibition that is presented to the public, coordinating with the Executive Director Facilities Manager and volunteer director of everything needed to display the art.
- Work with the Marketing Director to give them the needed information for promoting all performance.
- Attend programs and events to greet performers and make sure everything needed is available and the even tis running smoothly.
- Conduct welcome to audience and introduction of performer or presenter as needed.
- Complete detailed form for each event listing all needs by staff an volunteers including a schematic of the set up for the event.
- Work with outside vendors for valet, equipment rental, piano tuning and catering when needed.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years program experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to manage goals and work independently; to shift priorities and multitask in order to achieve all high value work; to work professionally with respect to vendors, clients and the public
- demonstrated strong interpersonal and analytical skills and comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment
- Able to attend evening and weekend events
- Must be able to design and deliver presentations. Must have strong verbal and written communication s skills.
- Conversant in the use of technology, excellent computer skills and self- Sufficient in managing record, contracts, and schedules
- Culturally literate, with knowledge and appreciate of the performing and visual arts. must be able to articulate a case for the value of Casa Romantica in the Southern California Community.
Please email resume and cover letter.