Arts Jobs - DetailSenior Major Gifts Officer
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
Los Angeles, CA
Arts Consulting Group is pleased to assist the Los Angeles Philharmonic in its search for an accomplished Senior Major Gifts Officer. Reporting to the Director of Major Gifts, the Senior Major Gifts Officer (SMGO) will join a team of highly accomplished advancement professionals at one of the leading performing arts fundraising programs in the nation. The SMGO will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, personal solicitation and stewardship of 125-150 donors and prospects, with a heavy emphasis on closing gifts of $15,000 and higher in support of the LA Phils broad array of artistic, education and community programs. The successful candidate will manage his/her own portfolio and will be a true team player, committed to collaborating on strategy and participating on joint visits with colleagues or volunteer leadership as appropriate.
With a sophisticated advancement program, gift officers at the LA Phil have available to them generous support in research and donor communications functions, as well as experienced staff to support donor stewardship events and services (e.g. donor ticket concierge). The SMGO will have the opportunity and be expected to spend the majority of his/her time directly engaging with prospects and donors. The ideal candidate will be equally enthusiastic about discovery visits to cultivate new donors as he/she is about renewal gifts from loyal subscribers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are as follows, including the ability to work and evening and weekend hours as needed:
- Manage a portfolio of 125-150 qualified major gifts prospects and current donors, effectively guiding them through the donor gift cycle research, identification, cultivation, stewardship, solicitation, and achieving high closure rates for renewals, new gifts and increased contributions from current donors
- Evaluate and identify giving potential of major gifts prospects through personal visits and engagement of donors in their philanthropic priorities that best align with the mission and contributed revenue goals of the LA Phil
- Actively engage in research, analysis of patron ticket purchases and behaviors, and development team prospect review sessions to expand current portfolio with new prospects. Evaluate and pursue new prospects assigned by the staff researcher
- Develop successful identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship techniques that result in the development of a robust pipeline and in the consistent upgrading of donors
- Keep detailed, comprehensive and accurate records of contacts with all donors and prospects, documenting all interactions in a timely manner
- Offer prospect strategy counsel to junior staff as required. Be a resource for other development staff, including identifying potential volunteer connections, as appropriate
- Collaborate with and in support of volunteers, other Major Gift Officers, development team and other LA Phil employees as needed to cultivate and solicit donors for organizational priorities.
COMPLETE JOB DEscriptION ON ARTS CONSULTING GROUP'S WEBSITE: http://www.artsconsulting.com/pdf_opp_employment/sr_major_gifts_lap.pdf
APPLICATION AND INQUIRIES
Please submit a letter and resume with a summary of demonstrable accomplishments to:Mr. Dale Hedding, Vice President
Arts Consulting Group, Inc.
1718 M Street NW, Suite 283
Washington, DC 20036-4504
Tel: 888.234.4236 Ext. 2
Contact:Dale Hedding, Vice Pres, Arts Consulting Group