Arts Jobs - DetailProgram Assistant II - Civic Arts Education
City of Walnut Creek
Walnut Creek, CA
The City of Walnut Creek s seeking an individual experienced in community events, outreach and engagement to serve as a Part-Time (30 hours per week) Program Assistant at Civic Arts Education (CAE). As a key member of the Civic Arts team, the Program Assistant II will assist the Civic Arts Education Program Manager to:
- Support the development of relevant, high quality arts education programming for all community members
- Conduct community outreach activities to engage diverse community members in Civic Arts Education programming
- Help develop and support partnerships with community-based organizations and businesses
- Coordinate CAE financial aid processes in partnership with the Friends of Civic Arts Education Foundation and the Clay Arts Guild
- Coordinate Civic Arts Education events, including community-based events, arts receptions and performing arts events
- Support fundraising to expand CAE programming and financial aid capacity
- Recruit, retain and supervise Civic Arts volunteers
The Program Assistant reports to the Civic Arts Education Program Manager. This is a 30 hour per week position, with a four or five day per week schedule, usually between 8AM and 5 PM, with frequent evening and weekend events, meetings and community participation as needed.
Applications are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 8, 2015. Applicants must apply online at www.walnut-creek.org. Applicants possessing the MOST DESIRABLE qualifications will be invited to continue in the selection process and an appraisal interview tentatively scheduled for Thursday, March 19, 2015.
Full Job description can be found online at www.walnut-creek.org