Arts Jobs - DetailAdministrative & Academic Affairs Assistant
Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: Administrative & Academic Affairs Assistant
Department: Director’s Office
Reports To: Institute Director and Director of Academic Affairs
FLSA Status: Full-time/Non-Exempt
The Administrative & Academic Assistant provides daily administrative and academic support to the Director’s office at SCI-Arc. This position supports the Institute Director, Director of Academic Affairs, Undergraduate/Graduate Program Chairs, and the Academic Affairs Manager. The Administrative & Academic Assistant helps maintain the flow of information to and from the Director’s office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position supports the administrative functions of the SCI-Arc Director’s Office by maintaining calendar/schedules, travel arrangements and expense reports for Institute Director and Academic leadership; providing travel assistance for select guests of the Director’s Office; answering telephone inquiries and maintaining contacts; drafting correspondence on behalf of the Director’s Office; assisting with the planning and hosting of Board of Trustee meetings; maintaining the Director’s office file system, mailboxes, and office supplies; as well as supporting other special initiatives, programs, or events of the Director’s Office (as needed)
The position assists the Academic Affairs department by maintaining reimbursement requests for academic programs; assists with planning of reviews and exhibitions; assists with the collection and archiving of faculty course syllabi, course evaluations, student portfolios and other academic work; organizing faculty retreats; managing roster updates and meeting preparation for various academic based committees; maintaining faculty directory; and support to faculty and students as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be a self-starter and have a demonstrated ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Skill in writing clear, concise, grammatically and factually correct correspondence, memos, and e-mails
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to create and maintain effective working relationships and collaborate with others to achieve common goals
- Excellent verbal communication skills to clearly convey information in person and over the phone
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (email and calendar functions)
- Experience working in a creative environment (i.e. design/architecture firm, arts/cultural institution, production company, publication, or PR firm) is preferred
We offer a great benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation, sick leave and paid holidays.
SCI-Arc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SCI-Arc complies with all applicable California state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.