Arts Jobs - DetailContent Provider - Humanities & Arts
Content Provider - Humanities & Arts
Salary: $5,025.00 -$ 7,450.00/MO
Final Filing Date: March 24, 2015
Under direction from the divisional dean in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communication, the Content Provider is responsible for a range of written communications promoting the notable achievements and expounding the particular strengths of the Division of Humanities, Arts and Cultural Studies. These communications take the form of print publications, web and email communications, social media, video, periodicals and other related materials.
The Content Provider employs creativity and strategy, adjusting to the audience for which the communication is written. With an outstanding knowledge of AP style, this individual may edit the work of others. The Content Provider must demonstrate a genuine interest and curiosity about the scholarly activities of faculty and students who work, study and teach in the Division’s 30+ departments. A working understanding of how to connect alumni and prospective students to the excellence within the Division is also required.
The Content Provider would work within the Office of the Dean in the Division of Humanities, Arts and Cultural Studies, and in collaboration with the Office of Marketing and Communications in the College of Letters and Science. The position will be physically located in or proximate to the divisional dean’s suite and will take direction from the divisional dean in collaboration with the director of marketing and communications.
- Bachelor's degree in a discipline related to the humanities, arts or cultural studies, or an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an understanding of AP style.
- 3-5 years of intensive writing experience working for an educational institution in the field of arts, cultural studies and/or humanities, a nonprofit or related organization that supports these disciplines. Current print and interactive media journalists who are immersed in the covering culture, art and humanities will also be considered.
- Experience in content strategy, across multiple platforms.
- Experience writing and editing for print publications, periodicals and other traditional promotional media.
- Experienced in Web content writing as well as using major social media platforms for the purposes of promoting online content, amplifying messages to key audiences and providing additional illustrating elements for select stories.
- Experience working with a web content management system as well as working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at http://employment.ucdavis.edu
Requisition number #03013801
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer