Arts Jobs - DetailOffice and Marketing Assistant
AXIS Dance Company
The Office and Marketing Assistant supports all the activities necessary to ensure the smooth flow of day-to-day operations and communication of AXIS programming with the public. They are responsible for organizing and controlling the clerical aspect of the organization, including the coordination and storage of data marketing collateral to support production and other important operations of the organization. This role reports directly to the Managing Director, and works closely with all staff, including Development Manager, Community Engagement Manager, Rehearsal Director, and Artistic Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule and process e-mail campaigns in Salesforce
- Update website
- Research and establish relationships with Bay Area media outlets
- Oversee print production for Home Season and in-house institutional and programming marketing campaigns
- Coordinate marketing and social media campaigns with Managing Director
- Assist with work sample archiving and editing
- Support staff with research projects
- Assist with production planning, registration and day-of staffing for AXIS annual events, including Home Season, Dance Access Day, Benefit Event, Summer Intensive
- Offer administrative support to the Artistic, Managing, Education Directors and Development Manager, as requested and as time allows
- Oversee bulk mail production
- Answer phones and direct calls to appropriate party maintaining a warm, friendly and helpful demeanor
- Keep all memberships and dues current
- Respond to requests for information in a timely fashion
- Sign for deliveries, receive and distribute mail, and keep office environment clean and tidy – vacuum, dust, water plants, put supplies away, etc.
- Order all the supplies needed to run an efficient and professional office; keep track of when supplies are running low, and make sure goods are ordered before they run out
- Research and book flights, hotels and ground transport for AXIS tours
- Supervise interns
Manage office systems:
- Maintain office photocopier and phone systems
- Fix mechanical problems, or oversee their repair by a professional
- Oversee office computers and troubleshooting when necessary
- Be familiar with basic computer problems, and be able to help employees when their computer or printer malfunctions
- Maintain communication systems including phone, fax, voicemail, and email access
- Train new employees and/or interns in organization and office procedures. This includes teaching new employees how to use web-based sharing tools, telephone system, office equipment, and the computer system
- As needed, train employees on how to use new office equipment and updated computer software
- Develop and/or maintain, a comprehensive and easy-to-follow filing system for invoices, receipts, client information, and other important documents.
- Manage Salesforce database; including updating contact records, entering new contacts, scheduling periodic data cleaning of all contact data, ensuring database systems are backed up regularly, and tracking updates and advancements in Salesforce.
- Process received income weekly, generate reports, and produce “Thank you”s
- Train staff on database systems and trouble shoot basic problems
- Serve as AXIS’ Salesforce system administrator
- Provide administrative support in the hiring and separation of employees
- Assist in internship, volunteer, and employee recruitment by placing ads and managing response.
- Administer and communicate benefits programs
- Set up email and voicemail for new hires
- Order business cards
- Keep staff list continually updated and distributed to all staff and board members
- Issue keys to appropriate staff.
- Recruit and manage volunteers for events and direct mail assemblage
Success in this position will depend upon the following skills, traits and requirements:
- A strong commitment to the mission, goals and work of AXIS Dance Company.
- Experience with in-house marketing and video editing software (InDesign, Photoshop, iMovie)
- 1-3 years experience in an administrative or marketing role
- Website updating skills (we are currently hosted on Squarespace)
- Marketing copywriting experience
- Able to coordinate a number of activities with multiple components requiring independent follow through and attention to detail
- Able to work to organize and prioritize projects, and take initiative
- Comfortable in a multi-task environment with frequent interruptions and short deadlines, and some times a high degree of pressure
- Must be able to work flexible hours when needed
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Mac and PC word processing platforms
- Intermediate Excel, Word and Power Point skills
- Strong knowledge and comfort working with and managing technology systems
- Self-starter with the ability to start and manage tasks independently
- Ability to take direction
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to interact with management, staff, dancers, and community
- Experience working with people of all ages, socio-economic backgrounds, physical abilities, ethnicities, and sexualities
Ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally
Interested parties should send cover letter and resume directly to Managing Director Karl Cronin (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please share in your letter a brief description of your technical experience as well as some context on the kinds of administrative projects you have worked on.
Addressee:1428 Alice Street
Address: Suite 200