Arts Jobs - DetailEducation & Outreach Coordinator
Musical Theatre West
Long Beach, CA
Job Title: Education & Outreach Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full Time/Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Anticipated Start Date: Between April 1 and 15, 2015
Objective: Musical Theatre West’s Education & Outreach Programs are dedicated to cultivating the next generation of musical theatre audiences by providing an innovative range of activities throughout the school year and summer months. Programs include Student Matinees, In-Class Workshops, Touring Outreach Productions, Master Classes, a Summer Youth Conservatory, Residency Programs and Scholarships.
- Daily interaction with Executive Director/Producer and MTW Staff. Regular interaction with the Board of Directors, MTW service/fundraising volunteers, school administrators and teachers, community leaders, local arts leaders, and students
- Creation and implementation of Standards-Based Curriculum Study Guides and Educational Tools. Work with the Marketing Director and Graphic Designer for creation of press releases, marketing materials, graphic art and copy for website for all education/outreach programming and events.
- Hiring of teachers and teaching artists for Education and Outreach programs, as well as casting for touring shows (featuring professional and semi-professional performers) and youth productions (featuring school students)
- Oversee and plan all Education/Outreach Programs
- Work with schools in LBUSD and greater LA and Orange County districts to bring students to weekday morning performances at the Carpenter Center in Long Beach and schedule In-Class Pre-Show Workshops for the students
- Cast, oversee rehearsals, plan and schedule, and Implement MTW Touring Assembly Program to bring to schools, summer camps, and libraries throughout the region during the school-year and summer
- Oversee and expand the Residency Program which supports musical productions in local schools
- Liaison with the Scholarship Committee and applying students/teachers to communicate, disseminate information, as well as plan and schedule the auditions for the annual High School Scholarship Competition
- Hire teachers, plan and/or oversee curriculum planning, and execute Summer Youth Conservatory and Master Classes
- Assist Office Administrator with grant writing for Education/Outreach Programs
- Represent MTW Education/Outreach programs and MTW as an organization at local city and private events.
- Responsible for promotion and expansion of the program.
- EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE: Teaching and Administration experience in the arts required. Ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Theatre and/or Musical Theatre with teaching experience at any level (elementary through college); be familiar with the southern California education system, be a highly organized team player with the ability to multi-task and self-start, have exemplary verbal and written communication skills, and be able to manage a changing and varied workload. Program coordination experience in a nonprofit setting is highly desired. Proficiency in Word and Excel is essential. Marketing, Graphic Design, and/or Grant Writing Experience also a plus.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Manage teaching artists, hire and manage artistic/production teams for shows, supervise program interns and volunteers.
- WORKING REQUIREMENTS: This is a full-time position and while a regular work schedule will be established the hours will shift depending on the current project/program hours required, so flexibility is required.. Evening and weekends will be necessary around productions both for Education/Outreach programs and MTW Productions. Schedule flexibility is highly desired.
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have reliable transportation and valid divers license.. Updated criminal background check records and child abuse history clearances, along with updated TB test results a plus.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter, resume, salary history, city of residence as of March 15th , and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. SUBJ: EDUCATION/OUTREACH COORDINATOR POSITION. No phone calls please.
Addressee:4350 E. 7th Street
Address: Long Beach, CA 90804