Arts Jobs - DetailResearch Associate
Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc)
Title: Research Associate
Reports To: Chief Advancement Officer
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc) is looking for a Research Associate to help launch an initiative to identify and develop international private and government funding opportunities for the school's endeavors in the fields of planning, engineering, design and digital fabrication. At the vanguard of architecture and design, SCI-Arc is positioned to offer bold and innovative solutions to pressing global issues, and this funding initiative will leverage the school's intellectual capacity in exciting new arenas. The research associate will work closely with SCI-Arc's director, director of academic affairs and chief advancement officer.
- Work cooperatively with SCI-Arc leadership and faculty to identify, evaluate and pursue project based funding resources and opportunities
- Constantly and systematically scan the landscape for funding opportunities, especially "big idea" funding, and relate these opportunities to activities at SCI-Arc
- Broker meetings and discussions between SCI-Arc faculty and external constituents to produce innovative partnerships and bold agendas at the forefront of architecture, design and urban planning
- Assist faculty to shape their work into fundable projects with the potential for formulating trans-diciplinary teams and public/private partnerships
- Represent the institution externally in meetings with potential funders/partners
- Adept researcher with well-honed technical skills and extensive experience working with search engines
- Curiosity and interest in a broad range of issues strong work ethic
- Ability to build mutually beneficial working relationships across multiple sectors and fields highly collaborative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to understand and articulate SCI-Arc
- Global in perspective and experience; ideally multilingual
- Master's degree preferred
We offer a great benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and generous paid time off.
SCI-Arc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SCI-Arc complies with all applicable California state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.