Arts Jobs - DetailRenegade Tour guide
San Francisco, CA
NOTE: You MUST apply through our online application system: http://museumhack.theresumator.com/
Museum Hack is off to the West Coast, and our first stop is the Bay Area. And we need a band of awesome, smart, sassy, witty renegade tour guides to join our team. Do you have want it takes?
- Background in one or more of the following: Museum Education, Art History, Theater, Improv, or Being Awesome. Art History knowledge is great, but we want you to be a good storyteller (and party host) first and foremost.
- Research junkie, with the ability to think on your feet, be a self-starter, and develop your own content.
- Warm, friendly, eager, a "people person" with excellent communication skills, but also attention to detail.
- Desire to help wide-eyed tourists and hip SF residents experience art and museums in a very fun way.
- Must have flexible daytime availability (including weekends). We book private and corporate tours during the week, and run regular weekend tours.
- Must be a Bay Area resident and be a U.S. citizen or have valid work authorization.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
If you're passionate about art, antiquities, and history, and if you’re great at storytelling and working a small crowd, then you definitely belong in our family of hackers.
If selected to proceed from this interview process, you be hired as an Independent Contractor to develop your own tour which will act as our final audition. Contractors who are brought into the fold will be paid roughly $100 for tours. If brought on as a part time employee, Lead Guides are paid $32/hr, Co-Hosts receive $22/hr and administrative work is paid at $15/hr. More can be discussed at the interviews.
ABOUT MUSEUM HACK
- We pride ourselves in crafting amazing museum experiences for museum skeptics. Our best tour guides are not the center of attention -- they make the Museum the star attraction. We lead with passion and charisma. The joke is, "We do museum tours for people who don't like museums."
- Museum Hack uses the world class collection at incredible museums around the world as our playground to create "un-highlights tours" that focus on hidden works, oddities, and saucy stories. Museum Hack guides combine these stories with antics and quirky activities that get you to think about the museum experience in new ways.
- We are based in New York City, but expanding rapidly!
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS RENEGADE TOUR GUIDE POSITION
- You'll be leading small groups of people on a fast-paced, spirited journey through incredible San Francisco art museums (our first location is still super-secret). We want guides who can share the juicy stories and fascinating histories of their selected art pieces in an engaging and succinct way.
- This is not a full-time gig. Museum Hack SF guides can expect to lead 2-4 tours per week, depending on sales.
IMPORTANT: If you have a steady full-time 9-5 type job, or have no weekday daytime availability, or can't be at the museum on the weekends, please do not apply.
WHY WORK WITH MUSEUM HACK
- We're doing exciting things. See our company news page here.
- You’re going to get more responsibility and control working with us than you would at a bigger institution or museum.
- We’re a meritocracy and promote success, not tenure.
- Our tours are really fun.