Arts Jobs - DetailChinese-American Communities Marketing Associate
Santa Ana, CA
Pacific Symphony seeks a liaison to the Chinese-American communities of Orange County, who will focus particularly on growing audiences and revenue from these communities, in addition to providing general support for the marketing department.
- Devise promotional campaigns and engagement activities for the Chinese-American communities.
- Implement new and expanded initiatives to grow subscriber and single-ticket bases for the recently launched New California Arts initiative in the Chinese-American communities of the region.
- Assist the directors of marketing and sales to develop and implement successful subscription and single ticket campaign plans, timelines and offers — continually adjusting to market response.
- Support audience development and community relations programs.
- Work at concerts or special events (3-4 times per month, involving evening/weekend hours).
- Become an active member of the marketing and public relations department, participating in strategy discussions, analyzing trends and outcomes, taking advantage of promising opportunities and delivering solid subscription and single-ticket growth.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the Chinese-American community in Southern California
- Experience in working with Chinese-American organizations
- Fluency in Mandarin
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Precise attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment where priorities change frequently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or equivalent preferred
- Experience in marketing and/or arts and cultural institutions preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Knowledge of classical and other music genres preferred
Department: Marketing & Public Relations
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing & Public Relations
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Pacific Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to FTerraglio@PacificSymphony.org
- Please begin your subject line with the words “MARKETING ASSOCIATE SEARCH.”
- If you prefer, mail to:
Attention: Frank Terraglio
3631 S. Harbor Blvd., Suite 100
Santa Ana, CA 92704
ABOUT PACIFIC SYMPHONY
Founded in 1978, Pacific Symphony enriches the human spirit through superior performances of classical and symphonic music. The Symphony is located in Orange County, California, a tourism magnet, the home of Disneyland and a major financial and business hub. The area boasts a rich arts tradition strongly supported by an engaged public. Pacific Symphony is a dynamic and innovative organization, led artistically by Music Director Carl St.Clair and operationally by President John Forsyte. Pacific Symphony presents more than 100 concerts annually and serves 250,000 community members every year. The Symphony is nationally and internationally recognized for performance excellence, strong community engagement through education and other programming, and for commissioning new works by contemporary composers.
Resident for much of the year at the renowned Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall in Costa Mesa, California, the Symphony also presents a summer outdoor series at Irvine's Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. During the 2014-15 season, Music Director Carl St.Clair is celebrating his 25th Anniversary with Pacific Symphony, while Principal Pops Conductor Richard Kaufman is celebrating his 24th season leading the Pops series, which stars some of the world's leading entertainers. Assistant Conductor Alejandro Gutiérrez leads the popular “Family Musical Mornings” series, one of the largest self-produced children’s series of any U.S. orchestra.
For 25 consecutive years, the Symphony has balanced its budget and has no accumulated debt. It employs a staff of approximately 50. The current annual operating budget is approximately $20 million.
Address: 3631 S. Harbor Blvd., Suite 100, Santa Ana CA 92704