Arts Jobs - DetailHead Preparator
Ace Gallery is seeking a highly qualified individual with some knowledge of contemporary art to assume the position of Head Preparator.
This position will be responsible for:·
- Management, coordination and execution of installations and de-installations with the Director and the Gallery Manager
- Handling, crating, packing, and transportation of artwork
- Liaison with shipping and crating companies and other manufactures for components of artwork
- Management and supervision of crew members and temporary crew members, event staff, shippers, etc.
- Working closely together with other preparator crew members along with gallery staff
- Daily maintenance tasks, unloading trucks, moving artwork, replacing light bulbs, and painting, as well as maintenance of the various gallery spaces
- A minimum of five years of experience at an art gallery, museum, shipping company, or art handling company
- Knowledge of contemporary art
- Must be experienced and conscientious about handling and installation of artwork of a variety of mediums
- Bachelor's Degree in the arts required (MA preferred)
- Professional appearance and demeanor are a must
- Strong organizational and delegating skills are a must
- Must have a vehicle and current California diver's license in good standing
- Must have a positive attitude with a "can-do" spirit
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must live within a 10-mile radius of Ace Gallery Los Angeles
- Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email a letter of application, resume, three references, salary history, and a recent photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT A RECENT PHOTOGRAPH WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.