Arts Jobs - DetailBusiness Development & Event Coordinator
La Jolla Music Society
La Jolla, CA
Position: Business Development & Event Coordinator
Reports to: Development Director
Status: Full-time, exempt
Salary: Starting at $35,000; commensurate with experience
The Business Development & Event Coordinator is an integral member of La Jolla Music Society’s Development Department and plays a key role in fulfilling the mission of the organization. This position secures business partnerships and works in tandem with other LJMS staff to plan and manage all events, including two fundraising galas. We are looking for an energetic, outgoing individual who can run events and successfully build and maintain relationships with businesses throughout San Diego County. These business partnerships have an integrated role in the success of each individual event as well as the overall success and substantial growth of La Jolla Music Society. This position also works closely with committee chairs, board members, and vendors to ensure all special events are planned and executed within the budget.
Someone with the ability to cultivate and develop relationships with local businesses to create mutually beneficial partnerships and quality special events will find this to be a great opportunity.
- Minimum two years related work experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization, required; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Ability to negotiate partnerships with businesses;
- Proven track record of successful event, sponsorship, and business development/relationship programs required;
- Detail oriented, focused on meeting deadlines, and able to prioritize;
- Must have the ability to work independently and also effectively communicate with co-workers, supervisor, donors, and the public. Strong verbal and writing skills desired;
- Able to work nights and weekends.
Addressee:7946 Ivanhoe Ave Suite 309
Address: La Jolla, CA 92037