Arts Jobs - DetailFaculty Member
The Crucible is a non-profit educational facility that fosters a collaboration of Arts, Industry and Community. Through training in the fine and industrial arts, The Crucible promotes creative expression, reuse of materials and innovative design while serving as an accessible arts venue for the general public.
Seeking Instructors in ARC Welding, Blacksmithing, Cartoneria, Ceramics, Glass Blowing, Kinetics, OXY Welding, Textiles, TIG Welding, and Wood.
Seeking Teaching Assistants in Blacksmithing, Kinetics, Glass Blowing, and TIG Welding.
The Crucible seeks candidates with a minimum of five years of experience producing work projects in their area of expertise, a minimum of two years teaching experience, and the capacity to create an inspiring environment in the classroom. Master of Industrial Design or Master of Fine Arts degrees are preferred, but candidates with significant professional experience are welcome to apply and will also be considered. The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to teaching, curriculum design and development, and collaboration.
Responsibilities include teaching fine and industrial arts in an artistically diverse environment, as well as participating in departmental and administrative matters. Develop and maintain area procedures and standards. Work with Program Directors to support The Crucible’s behavior policies and adherence to The Crucible studio safety rules. Organize materials and supplies before and after classes and workshops. Collaborate with Head of Area to order materials as needed.
Curriculum includes teaching courses in areas that focus on foundational skills. Work with Program Director on advancing/developing and updating curriculum
Faculty Meetings, Open Houses & Events
- Each faculty member is required to attend two open houses or events a year to represent your area. You are also required to attend at least two faculty meetings a year.
- The Crucible currently schedules at least five events a year. At each event, there are opportunities to demonstrate and represent your area. These events present the best opportunity for you to market classes. Open houses and events bring in an array of potential students and our faculty offers exciting demonstrations.
- E-mail a letter of interest, current CV, examples of creative work (portfolio or URL), and the names of three references to: email@example.com
- Please supply your information in a pdf or .doc format.
- No faxes or calls please!
The Crucible is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, gender, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or physical disability.