Arts Jobs - DetailMarketing and Communication Assistant
The Pasadena Playhouse
Job title - Marketing and Communication Assistant
Reports to - Director of Marketing & Communications
Job type - Full-time Salaried, non-exempt
As a core member of the marketing department, the Marketing and Communication Assistant is the coordinator of The Playhouse's advertising activities including print and broadcast media ad placements, onsite advertising, Performance Program (manage content and production schdeule) for each mainstage production and The Playhouse weekly e-newsletter. The Marketing and Communications Assistant serves as a support to the Director of Marketing and Communication and the marketing team, and participates in a variety of Playhouse marketing, PR, and sales projects aimed to drive ticket sales and The Playhouse brand awareness.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage content collection, formatting, and release of weekly e-newsletter.
- Coordinate the purchase of ad placements. Maintain relationships with advertising vendors. Processes invoices with accounting department.
- Liaise with graphic design team. Adapt ad templates with updated copy for specific advertising needs.
- Content provider for social media working in conjunction with Director of Marketing and Communication and Marketing and Promotions manager.
- Book photographers for production photo shoots, archival material, and opening night events. Manage database of production images.
- Manage on-site advertising needs including outdoor banners, lobby video reels, etc.
- Coordinate the collection of information for all playbills. Utilize Adobe InDesign to finalize playbill for transmission to Performances Magazine staff.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to secure press and celebrity attendees for Playhouse events such as opening nights and press conferences.
- Assists the Director of Marketing and Communication on all aspects of Opening Nights.
- Perform office duties in support of Director of Marketing and Communications and marketing team
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; marketing or PR training preferred
- One to three years of marketing or PR work experience
- Graphic design experience is a plus
- Adobe suite, including InDesign and Photoshop and Microsoft Office Suites
- Los Angeles advertising and PR landscape
- Non-profit theater
- Social Media
Skills and Abilities to:
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Adapt designs for various advertising needs
- Work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment
- Work collaboratively with staff in various disciplines and with vendors outside of The Playhouse
- Meet deadlines
- Problem solve and determine best course of action
- Work independently and manage time effectively
- Pay attention to detail and maintain accurate records
- Must be flexible and adaptable to rapid change
This job operates in a professional fast paced and fluid office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical requirements: N/A
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and ability. Start date is immediate.
The Pasadena Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please email cover letter, resume, two references, and a writing sample (less than 1 page) to email@example.com