Arts Jobs - DetailDevelopment Associate
Los Angeles, CA
Diavolo | Architecture in Motion seeks a creative, energetic, organized Development Associate. This exciting nonprofit organization is under the direction of Jacques Heim, the founding Artistic Director, and Jennifer Cheng, the Executive Director. The position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
Diavolo performs a distinct style of Architecture in Motion, using abstract and recognized structures to explore the relationship between the danger of our environment and the fragility of the human body. Founded by Artistic Director Jacques Heim, Diavolo has an extensive performance history throughout the U.S, Europe, Asia, and Latin America. For over twenty years, Diavolo has created dozens of dance works, forming one of the dance field’s most compelling repertoires, from seminal works like Trajectoire (1999-2001) to new works like Cubicle (2015). Education and outreach are also crucial to Diavolo. The Diavolo Institute offers dance education and outreach programs that reach thousands of community members each year.
View the detailed job posting at: http://www.diavolo.org/articles/job-opportunity-diavolo-seeks-development-associate/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate Diavolo’s individual giving program and activities, including ongoing management of donor database, donor engagement, gift record-keeping, donor acknowledgements and communications.
- Coordinate Individual Donor participation through a series of high-impact events and outreach. Assist with building and stewarding donor relationships through meaningful curated evenings, regular meetings, onsite activities, calls and emails
- Provide grant writing assistance in the form of drafting high quality grant proposals, letters of inquiry and grant reports to government, foundation and corporate funders. Assist in seeking untapped foundational resources.
- Coordinate and produce at least four fundraising events yearly including the Diavolo Studio Series and other donor cultivation and stewardship events
- Manage the development meetings and calendar
- Support Executive Director and Board of Directors development opportunities. Provide fundraising resources and assistance to ensure Board development goals are met. Attend board meetings on as as-needed basis
- Perform additional tasks as directed on an as-needed basis
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Two (2) years’ experience in Development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and prospect research tools
- Experience in donor management software, preferably Patron Manager
Work Schedule: Full-time position (40 hours per week); work schedule is determined in advance and includes some evenings, early mornings and weekends.
Location: Diavolo is located in the Brewery Arts Complex, just northeast of downtown Los Angeles.
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with education and experience
Applications: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. To apply, send resume and cover letter to Matt Wells, Chief Operating Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line: “Development Associate Application."