Arts Jobs - DetailAnnual Fund Manager
Los Angeles Master Chorale
Los Angeles, CA
As part of an institutional strategy to increase contributed income from individual donors, the Los Angeles Master Chorale (“LAMC”) is seeking an Annual Fund Manager who will play a vital role in overseeing key aspects of the organization’s fundraising, donor cultivation and stewardship programs to achieve Board-approved goals. The successful candidate will have the ability to work productively in a fast-paced environment, planning and managing projects independently as well as working collaboratively with colleagues on team projects, to interact effectively with volunteer leaders and donors, to anticipate needs and challenges, solve problems, and be an integral member of the administrative team. S/he will report to the Director of Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee acquisition, retention and cultivation of contributions from individuals to LAMC’s Annual Fund.
- Implement fundraising strategies to meet budgeted income goals, as well as determine and execute tactics to upgrade donors to higher giving levels.
- Document and coordinate regular progress reports from all segments of the Annual Fund to internal and external leadership.
- Manage all aspects of Annual Fund appeals (currently in the fall and spring) and collaborate with the Marketing Department on the subscription renewal add-on gifts campaign.
- Manage gift processing, acknowledgement, and Circle of Friends benefits fulfillment for the Annual Fund and other individual giving appeals.
- Monitor, track and report on progress of gifts and commitments from members of LAMC’s Board of Directors.
- Support the Director of Development in the management of the Artistic Director’s Circle program, including gift acknowledgement and benefits Fulfillment.
- Develop and implement strategies, in collaboration with the Director of Development, to increase overall in-person contact with donors and patrons for the purpose of building the Annual Fund.
- Provide VIP ticketing assistance to donors and other patrons.
- Attend Master Chorale concerts and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; 3-5 years successful administrative experience working in donor-related services for a nonprofit organization (preferably arts non-profit)
- Proven ability to work with volunteer leaders, donors and patrons.
- Maintain organization’s confidentiality requirements with regard to patron information, including exercising discretion, managing information distribution controls, secure filing and disposal, and records retention and storage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer skills, with meticulous attention to detail. Use MSWord/Excel as well as Internet and e-mail programs proficiently. Experience with Tessitura preferred.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with all contacts—internal and external. Work well with diverse patron and peer base.
- Maintains current knowledge of organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and organizes workload throughout the day to meet project timelines and deadlines.
Position Status: Full time/Exempt
Position Compensation: commensurate with experience
Position open until filled
Please submit a cover letter specifying how your experience relates to this position with the LA Master Chorale. Please attach a current résumé in .pdf or .doc format.
Submit application materials to (email/fax subject heading):
Attn: Annual Fund Manager Search
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: (213) 972-3136
Mail: Los Angeles Master Chorale, 135 N. Grand Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90012
* * *
MISSION | The Los Angeles Master Chorale is an independent and innovative professional vocal ensemble that shares the traditional and evolving spectrum of choral music with the widest possible audience. We advance this art through performance, community education, collaboration, commissioning, and recording.
ABOUT US | Giving a voice to Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Grammy-nominated Los Angeles Master Chorale is led by Artistic Director Grant Gershon. Proclaimed "the nation's most pioneering major chorus" (Los Angeles Times), it has also been hailed as "inspired" (The New York Times), "magnificent" (Chicago Tribune) and "a superb vocal ensemble" (The New York Observer). In September 2015, the Chorale launches its 52nd season as a resident company of The Music Center of Los Angeles County and its 13th as the resident chorus at Disney Hall. Presenting its own concert series each season, it performs choral music from the earliest writings to the most recent contemporary compositions. To date, the choir has commissioned 47 and premiered 99 new works, of which 68 were world premieres, and has been awarded three ASCAP/Chorus America Awards for Adventurous Programming as well as Chorus America's prestigious Margaret Hillis Award for Choral Excellence. The Chorale has performed in more than 500 concerts with the Los Angeles Philharmonic at both Disney Hall and the Hollywood Bowl, and has toured with the orchestra to Europe and New York City. It has also appeared at the Ojai Music Festival, the Great Performers series at Lincoln Center, the Ravinia Festival and the Overture Center in Madison, Wisconsin, as well as in leading venues throughout the Southland. Its discography includes five commercial CDs under Gershon's baton. The latest, released in 2012 on Decca, features three works by Polish composer Henryk Górecki. In addition, in 2013, as part of its 50th anniversary season celebration, the Chorale released a digital recording featuring signature a cappella works available online-only at LAMC.org, iTunes and Amazon.com. LAMC previously released three CDs under former Music Director Paul Salamunovich on RCM, including the Grammy-nominated Lauridsen-Lux Aeterna. The Chorale is also featured with Gershon on the soundtracks of such major motion pictures as Lady in the Water and License to Wed. Serving more than 30,000 audience members of all ages annually, the Los Angeles Master Chorale also provides education outreach to some 6,000 students each year.
As an independent non-profit organization, LAMC’s Board of Directors and professional staff are committed to a vibrant collaboration to achieve LAMC’s mission.
For more information about the Los Angeles Master Chorale, visit www.lamc.org.