Arts Jobs - DetailDevelopment Special Project Coordinator
Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History
Santa Cruz, CA
Development Special Project Coordinator (Temporary Position)
Reports to: Director of Development and Communications
The MAH has launched a major public campaign to fund the reinvention of Abbott Square, the plaza adjacent to the museum. Our vision is for Abbott Square to become the creative heart for Downtown, a social gathering place, and an economic engine that puts art at the center of community development. The Development Special Project Coordinator will coordinate The Campaign for Abbott Square donor correspondence. This includes, but is not limited to cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors to The Campaign for Abbott Square. The Development Special Project will also be asked to assist is the planning and facilitation of MAH member events.
The Development Special Project Coordinator will also play an important role in providing administrative support to the development team while our Membership Director is on maternity leave. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
Membership Program Responsibilities
Manage the membership program while the Membership Director is on leave, including entering and processing new and renewal memberships in the MAH Raiser's Edge database, assigning and updating membership cards through the MAH cards database, and sending monthly renewal letters, emails and thank you letters.
Abbott Square Responsibilities
- Be a leader and vocal advocate for the Abbott Square project in Santa Cruz and the greater Santa Cruz Community.
- Maintain a portfolio of Abbott Square prospects, conduct meetings and solicit gifts from $1 -$5,000.
- Enter gift data into donor database and generate “thank you” letters for in-person, mail and online donations.
- Assist in the creation of monthly fundraising reports and other reports as needed.
- Continually update database records, as needed.
- Ensure appropriate recognition for all donors to the Campaign for Abbott Square.
- Assist is the planning and facilitation of MAH fundraising events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development and Communications.
- Knowledge of and connection to the Santa Cruz community.
- Experience in an administrative position, preferably in a nonprofit development office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising software desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail paired with the ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision. Comfort asking questions when unsure how to proceed.
- Enthusiastic about our core values: collaboration, experimentation, and productive play.
This is a full-time, temporary position, and does not include benefits. The hourly pay rate is commensurate with experience. We are looking for a candidate who can start ASAP and will be reviewing applications as they are received.
To apply, please send a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes two items:
- A cover letter that addresses the unique skills you bring to the table (2 pages maximum).
- A resume with at least one professional reference.
Phone:831.429.1964 x 7031
Address: 705 Front Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060