Arts Jobs - DetailOperations and Events Manager
Museum of Contemporary Art
Los Angeles, CA
Responsible for all aspects of logistical and operational coordination for museum facilities use, including management of the museum’s facilities rentals program, general operations support of MOCA exhibitions, events and programs and oversight of the transportation and parking program.
- Minimum of three years' directly-related experience
- Outstanding organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects
- Must be adept in problem anticipation, resolution, and negotiation
- Must have ability to interact effectively with both museum staff, visitors and various vendors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Possession of a valid California driver's license and good driving record
- Bachelor’s degree in arts administration or closely related field preferred
- Oversee and produce the weekly Logistics Calendar, outlining organization-wide arrangements for meeting room use, program coordination and special events, inclusion of notes on catering services, AV needs, deliveries and security at MOCA’s three locations including Grand Avenue, The Geffen Contemporary and MOCA at the Pacific Design Center.
- Oversee and produce the daily Today at MOCA report, which outlines MOCA’s three locations including information on current exhibitions, exhibition-related programming and any special events and associated notes. This reports briefs all staff on daily activities of importance.
- Coordinate all transportation-related logistics for the organization’s daily operations including tracking of staff parking in relation to department expense allocations, B-TAP program, use of parking validations and where needed valet services. Point of contact for vendor that oversees staff parking services lease agreement. Maintain accounting of all parking transactions per department.
- Management of facilities use rental program including client sales and maintaining client relationships for corporate and non-profit organizations. Respond to rental inquiries on a daily basis and work towards meeting revenue goals set by MOCA management for Grand Avenue and The Geffen Contemporary locations. Coordination of production support with outside special events companies, AV, sound and light crews, catering services, security staffing, engineering staff and custodial crew, among others. Present proposals to management for review, negotiate and execute rental agreements, produce and submit invoices to rental clients and follow up with Finance department on a timely basis to ensure proper payment scheduling. Rental events may include coordination of location filming. Act as point person on site as needed for all rental events and ensure compliance to building use restrictions and rental agreement stipulations.
- Coordinate where needed and provide support for internal events and activities including MOCA departmental meetings and programs, Trustee and committee meetings, Member’s Openings, Leadership Circle Receptions and other activities held at any of MOCA's facilities working directly with staff and MOCA executive team. Provide follow-up to departments with any related billings and payments for associated services and supplies provided for events.
- Assist where needed in support of exhibitions, programming and events related to MOCA Pacific Design Center (PDC) including courier deliveries and oversight of departmental logistics. Interface with PDC management to provide advance notice on any transportation issues, building access, scheduling of gallery and store in relation to any PDC events that may conflict with MOCA’s operation. Support the Director of Operations where needed to strengthen the ongoing relationship between MOCA and PDC management to maximize the missions of both organizations.
- Assist Director of Operations with the preparation of the annual Operations budget; monitor monthly status of budget; assist in planning long and short-term purchases for the museum; oversee purchasing of furniture and office supplies for the museum in accordance with consistent standards and costs and where appropriate establish a system that enables other departments to make purchases as needed.
- Working in conjunction with the Director of Operations, ensure operations of the onsite café is in compliance with the exclusive food service lease agreement and where needed MOCA provides engineering support to support the café’s operation.
- Provide support for the mailroom functions when needed and oversee filtered water services for buildings.
- Support the Development department’s efforts, in conjunction with the contracted outside special events production company, with the planning, production and management of MOCA’s annual Gala
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, Associate Director of Security and Maintenance, Visitor Services and Volunteer Manager, and other staff as appropriate, implement ongoing "public relations" programs to ensure maximum accessibility and patron amenities.
- Maintain appropriate files for correspondence, reports, agreements and invoices specific to the Operations department.
- Responsible for tracking billings, producing and submitting expense allocation reports, credit card reconciliations and submission of invoices on a timely basis to the Finance department.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Operations and Associate Director of Security & Maintenance as needed.
- Work at exhibition openings and other events as required
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, serve as museum liaison with surrounding downtown businesses, residences and governmental agencies
- Participate in the negotiation and administration of service and vendor contracts
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Addressee:250 S. Grand Ave.
Address: Los Angeles, CA 90012