Arts Jobs - DetailGallery Manager
East Bay contemporary art dealer seeks experienced individual with long-term interest in the visual arts for a full-time position that involves all aspects of dealer’s operations. Gallery hours are Tuesday through Saturday, with occasional evenings and Sundays for special events. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Gallery Management. Oversee all administrative aspects of the gallery including maintenance andupdating of artist and client databases, organization of visual archives, maintaining gallery and exhibition calendar, and engaging with staff, clients, vendors and artists on a daily basis.
- Sales. Provide Director with support in all aspects of sales both in the gallery and at local and national art fairs: fielding inquiries, sales follow up and expansion of audience.
- Representation of Gallery. Attend external meetings, openings and events on behalf of Gallery and Director.
- Registration. Oversee maintenance of physical and digital inventory, tracking incoming and outgoing artwork, managing storage spaces and supplies, and processing loan paperwork.
- Press Relations and Marketing. Write press releases, maintain and expand press contact list, manage gallery website and online presence, and direct both social media and print campaigns.
- Art Handling. Oversee all aspects of gallery preparation during installation and de-installation of exhibitions, manage the packing, shipping, receiving, and inspecting of artwork to and from the gallery, work with shipping, crating, and art handling vendors to coordinate shipment and delivery of artwork.
- Curatorial. Assist and manage the planning and organizing of exhibitions and art fairs, from studio visits with artists to the design and layout of exhibitions.
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience in a fine art gallery.
- Demonstrable knowledge of contemporary art, both locally and nationally.
- Strong people skills as well as experience working with the public and in sales.
- High level of organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Extreme attention to detail with the ability to work independently and execute multiple tasks at once.
- Flexibility, can-do attitude and ability to thrive in an intimate work environment.
- Computer proficiency and ability to learn applicable programs such as Quickbooks, Filemaker Pro, Excel, Photoshop.
- Excellent references upon request.
- Local candidates only, please.
About Traywick Contemporary:
Traywick Contemporary Art + Projects was founded by Katrina Traywick in 1997. Our primary exhibition space is located in a former Masonic Temple in North Berkeley, although our program also takes us to changing locations for off-site exhibitions, projects and art fairs. Traywick Contemporary represents emerging and mid-career artists from all over the US who work in a variety of media including painting, photography, video, and installation. For more information please visit our website at www.traywick.com